Virtual Python Environment Builder (complete rewrite)
This is based on the rewrite branch of virtualenv: https://github.com/pypa/virtualenv/tree/rewrite
What pythons are currently supported in this fork:
- Python 2.6
- PyPy3 (on Windows it doesn’t really work cause pip is broken on the 2.4.0 release)
- Python 2.6
- Python 2.7
- Python 3.2 (tested but unsupported, check test results for exact situation)
- Python 3.3
- Python 3.4
- --system-site-packages (incl. ordering of sites)
- .pth support
- bin scripts
- tox integration
- C extensions compile properly inside
Debian-flavored linuxes are also supported (with their messy patches on site.py/distutils/sysconfig).
- No symlinks or hardlinks, just dumb copies.
- Relocation support (it wasn’t really supported in legacy virtualenv anyway).
- You tell me …
Option 1: release from alternate index
The alternate index: https://anaconda.org/ionelmc/virtualenv
pip install -i https://pypi.anaconda.org/ionelmc/simple virtualenv
Option 2: development version
pip install --ignore-installed https://github.com/ionelmc/virtualenv/archive/develop.zip
Option 3: release with different name
There’s an alternative package on PyPI: virtualenv-rewrite:
pip install virtualenv-rewrite
If you install it over the legacy virtualenv you may have issues. To keep things simple you should uninstall it before, eg:
pip uninstall virtualenv pip install virtualenv-rewrite
For the old documentation, see https://virtualenv.pypa.io/
- Update bundled setuptools to 18.3.2.
- Update bundled wheel to 0.26.0.
- Fixed issues with case normalization on Windows (some paths weren’t properly case-normalized).
- Initial PyPI release.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|File Name & Checksum SHA256 Checksum Help||Version||File Type||Upload Date|
|virtualenv_rewrite-14.7.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (1.7 MB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||py2.py3||Wheel||Jan 24, 2016|
|virtualenv-rewrite-14.7.0.tar.gz (1.8 MB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||–||Source||Jan 24, 2016|