Automate chrome browser render diffs for website testing
Featuring Puppeteer, headless Chrome and Python image diffing
pip install visualdiff
Create your tests calling visualdiff.compare(url), this will drive a headless Chrome session rendering the desired URL and comparing the resulting image with an expected one.
The expectation are stored by default in a visualdiff subfolder of the current calling test script.
There are several additional options you can use, we’ll see them in the examples
import visualdiff as vd assert not vd.difference('https://example.com')
- It is a long time that I wanted a tool like this one, but thanks to this article from Monica Dinculescu for finally convincing me.
- Thanks to Mijakogi for the outstanding work on Pyppeteer
- Disable CSS animation, allow screenshot delay
- If save_differences==True the diff file will contain an highlighted diff-rect
- First version in Continuous Integration
- Beta version, things should work
- First release on PyPI.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size visualdiff-0.3.4-py2.py3-none-any.whl (5.5 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size visualdiff-0.3.4.tar.gz (10.6 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for visualdiff-0.3.4-py2.py3-none-any.whl