Volunteer workshift scheduler
Volunteer workshift scheduler for a helpline
Code written in Python finds the best possible schedule for volunteers while incorporating constrains and special requirements using CP-SAT Solver (Constraint Programming - boolean SATisfiability problem Solver).
Java version is in development.
Arranging volunteers for a helpline service for the period of one month.
There are three types of work that could be done on the same day:
- Phone shift: Every day.
- Chat shift: Mondays and Wednesdays.
- Observer shift: Any day.
Properties of each volunteer:
- Available days.
- Function: doing phone, chat, both or observation for training purposes.
- Maximum amount of weekend shifts.
- Whether their shifts have to be on separate weeks.
- Whether they welcome observers.
- Whether they want to work alone.
- Whether they cannot yet work alone.
- List of people they do not want to work with.
Each volunteer has to have 4 days between their shifts.
- Have minimum one volunteer for each day.
- Fill chat shifts.
- Have a second volunteer even on phone days.
- Employ observers on days when there is only phone shift.
Maximize filled shifts.
Requires 64-bit Python 3.7
pip install helpline-scheduler
Select your language in config.py: EN/HU/CN
Alternatively you can create your XX language extension by creating the corresponding data_XX.csv and language_XX.py files.
Export corresponding data/data_XX.csv file into a spreadsheet, fill in your data, then export back into this file.
Execute the program from its directory:
- Prints results into the terminal and saves it into schedule_YYYY_MM____YYYYMMDD_hhmm.txt.
- Saves results into schedule_YYYY_MM____YYYYMMDD_hhmm.csv which can be conveniently imported into a spreadsheet.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for volunteer-scheduler-2019.5.9.tar.gz
Hashes for volunteer_scheduler-2019.5.9-py3-none-any.whl