A GUI for BorgBackup
Vorta Backup Client
Vorta is a backup client for macOS and Linux desktops. It integrates the mighty BorgBackup with your desktop environment to protect your data from disk failure, ransomware and theft.
Why is this great? 🤩
- Encrypted, deduplicated and compressed backups using Borg as backend.
- No vendor lock-in – back up to local drives, your own server or BorgBase, a hosting service for Borg backups.
- Open source – free to use, modify, improve and audit.
- Flexible profiles to group source folders, backup destinations and schedules.
- One place to view all point-in-time archives and restore individual files.
Learn more on Vorta's website.
Vorta should work on all platforms that support Qt and Borg. This includes macOS, Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, Arch Linux and many others. Windows is currently not supported by Borg, but this may change in the future.
See our website for download links and and install instructions.
Development and Bugs
- Report bugs and submit feature ideas by opening a new Github issue.
- Want to contribute to Vorta? Great! See our contributor guide on how to help out with coding, translation and packaging.
- If you have questions or simply want to talk about Vorta, find us on Matrix. For Borg-specific topics, join the
#borgbackupIRC channel on
License and Credits
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size vorta-0.6.23.tar.gz (437.0 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|