Library module with miscellaneous convenience functions and classes
These are a collection of functions and classes that I use on my applications to made easier to maintain I decided to release it and install as a dependency of apps like mkvbatchmultiplex.
A range of functions and classes with a variety of uses for example:
- getFileList - return the files on a directory in
- list of pathlib.Path objects
- findFile - find a file in the system Path
- return a pathlib.Path object if found
- getExecutable - find executable file
- in PATH and the normal installation paths for Windows and macOS for linux is like findFile
- RunCommand - execute command in subprocess and capture
- output optionally apply regular expression searches and apply a supplied function to receive every line read and process them as needed
- ConfigurationSettings - maintain a set of ConfigurationSettings
- in a dictionary and saved it in xml file
and so on…
pip install vsutillib
This install all sub packages.
You can also install any individual packages.
pip install vsutillib-files pip install vsutillib-log pip install vsutillib-macos pip install vsutillib-media pip install vsutillib-network pip install vsutillib-processing pip install vsutillib-vsxml
Main development platform is Windows but limited testing show they work on Lin Linux and macOS. The only OS specific is vsutillib.macos but it run on other operating systems it won’t raise exception the results will mainly be None.
Import the the library in your program::
from vsutillib import files from vsutillib import log from vsutillib import macos from vsutillib import media from vsutillib import network from vsutillib import process from vsutillib import xml
Document all classes and functions.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size vsutillib-1.6.4-cp38-none-any.whl (83.8 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version cp38||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for vsutillib-1.6.4-cp38-none-any.whl