Web analytics unit testing framework
Web Analytics Unit (WAUnit)
WAUnit is a testing framework for Google Analytics (other platforms coming soon).
When you setup custom tracking for a website you have to validate if the hits are correct, HitInspect automates the verification of tracking specifications.
Watch the Youtube video ‘WAUnit Overview’.
In a nutshell this is how it works:
- A python unittest using Selenium Webdriver is executed
- A local proxy captures the Google Analytics hits
- The unittest compares the specs with the proxy hit log and returns OK/FAIL for each test and detailed information on what doesn’t match.
- Python 2.7
Install WAUnit using pip. Notice a core requirement is mitmproxy. Be sure to install SSL certificates for mitmproxy so the proxy can capture SSL traffic.
python pip install WAUnit
- Create a folder for the project
- Create a configuration file: wunit.cfg
- Start the proxy: waunitproxy –config wunit.cfg
- A file named hitdata.db will be created in your home directory
- Download [sample.py](#) to your project directory
- Execute the sample with: python sample.py
[WAUnit] Only googleanalyticsuniversal is available right now parser = googleanalyticsuniversal [Proxy] host = 127.0.0.1 port = 8080 hitsdb = hitsdata
Drop me a line at @joaocorreia