Probe WAVE Files for iXML, Broadcast-WAVE and other metadata.
wavinfo package allows you to probe WAVE and RF64/WAVE files and extract extended metadata, with an emphasis on film, video and professional music production metadata.
- Broadcast-WAVE metadata1, including embedded program loudness and coding history, if extant. This also includes the SMPTE UMID2.
- iXML production recorder metadata3, including project, scene, and take tags, recorder notes and file family information.
- Most of the common RIFF INFO4 metadata fields.
- The wav format is also parsed, so you can access the basic sample rate and channel count information.
- ADM metadata consilient with the output of the Dolby RMU, perhaps later fully complaint with ITU BS.2076-2.
STEINBERGsound library attributes.
- NetMix library attributes.
- Pro Tools embedded regions.
The entry point for wavinfo is the WavInfoReader class.
from wavinfo import WavInfoReader path = '../tests/test_files/A101_1.WAV' info = WavInfoReader(path)
The package also installs a shell command:
$ wavinfo test_files/A101_1.WAV
Basic WAV Data
The length of the file in frames (interleaved samples) and bytes is available, as is the contents of the format chunk.
(info.data.frame_count, info.data.byte_count) >>> (240239, 1441434) (info.fmt.sample_rate, info.fmt.channel_count, info.fmt.block_align, info.fmt.bits_per_sample) >>> (48000, 2, 6, 24)
Platform Lifecycle Stuff
Python 3.5 support is deprecated.
- For other file formats and ID3 decoding, look at audio-metadata.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size wavinfo-1.6.2-py3-none-any.whl (14.9 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size wavinfo-1.6.2.tar.gz (13.3 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|