A Plone product that provides the PDF viewer FlexPaper.
This package is a Plone product that will add a Page Turner view to the File content type. The result is that you’ll be able to view PDFs much in the same way you can view them on scribd.com. It uses the open source project, Flex Paper, to display the PDFs. You can find information about it at http://flexpaper.devaldi.com/.
This product requires that you have pdf2swf installed. pdf2swf is included with SWFTools. I suggest you stick with the package managers to install this as there are some dependencies that need to be installed.
If you’re using Ubuntu Lucid, you can find a swftools download at http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/swftools that seem to work.
If all else fails, you can download SWF tools from http://www.swftools.org/.
- Add your PDF as a file to your Plone site.
- Select the Page Turner view from the display drop down.
- Edit the height and width of the Page turner by clicking the Page Turner Settings button that is now available
- Plone 3 and 4
- Also works with Blob storage transparently so the converted PDFs aren’t stored in the ZODB
Credit goes to Wildcard corp and Talin Senner for sponsoring and designing the product and Nathan Van Gheem for coding it.
- Fix for storing blobs. [davisagli]
- Don’t swallow exceptions while converting; log them. [davisagli]
- Use the subprocess module instead of popen2 to communicate with pdf2swf. [davisagli]
- Protect the page turner settings page with the “Modify view template” permission. [davisagli]
- Avoid purging existing view methods for the File type on installation. [davisagli]
0.5 ~ 2010-05-21
- Initial release
- option to automatically enable the page turner view if PDF format is detected for a new file
- support other formats besides PDF–is this possible?