Light package to load well deviations
- [Robert Leckenby](https://github.com/Zabamund)
- [Brendon Hall](https://github.com/brendonhall)
- [Jørgen Kvalsvik](https://github.com/jokva)
wellpathpy is a LGPL-3.0 licensed library to import well deviations in (md, inc, azi) format, calculate their TVD values using a choice of methods and return them as positional logs in (tvd, northing, easting) format.
- load well deviation in (md, inc, azi) format:
- meta data (header, rkb, dfe, rt)
- md, incl, azi
- calculate position log survey using one of these methods:
- minimum curvature method
- radius of curvature method
- tangential methods
- calculate dog-leg severity from minimum curvature
- calculate depth references using header data if available: MD, TVD, TVDSS
- return interpolated deviation in (tvd, northing, easting) format
- move surface location to (0, 0, 0) or to (kb, mE, mN)
- convert to tvdss based on kb elevation
- resample deviation on regular steps with minimum curvature only
This is work in progress
From [pypi](https://pypi.org/project/wellpathpy/) with:
pip install wellpathpy
- [numpy](https://numpy.org/) version 1.16.2 or greater
A tutorial is available on [wellpathpy.readthedocs.io](https://wellpathpy.readthedocs.io/en/latest/tutorial.html)
We welcome all kinds of contributions, including code, bug reports, issues, feature requests, and documentation. The preferred way of submitting a contribution is to either make an issue on github or by forking the project on github and making a pull request.
wellpathpy started as a community project during the [May 2019 Transform event](https://agilescientific.com/blog/2019/5/18/transform-happened).
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for wellpathpy-0.5.0-py3-none-any.whl