Library for multiple WiFi LED vendors.
# WifiLEDs Python Library
This package is dedicated to being a cohesive resource point for Wifi LED lighting through Python.
This package currently only contains the API layer for [LimitlessLED bulbs](wifileds/limitlessled) ($16/$19 / bulb), but will soon expand to [LIFX bulbs](http://lifx.co/) ($80 / bulb) which are set to ship in August/September 2013.
[Philips hue](http://www.meethue.com/) ($60 / bulb) may be looked at into the future, but is currently a bit [expensive](http://www.jon00.me.uk/images/WiFiLEDMatrix.png) for a full house system. Other Python APIs do exist and are linked [here](https://github.com/Q42/hue-libs#python). If any one feels like they want to merge projects, feel free to reach me via GitHub.
Future products that we’re looking forward to include:
- From [LimitlessLED](http://whrl.pl/RdBge7):
- 6W (600 lm) Dual White 2.4Ghz/RF Downlight (June 2013) ~$37 USD
- 12W (1100 lm) Dual White 2.4Ghz/RF Downlight (June 2013) ~$47 USD
- 8W Dual White Bulbs (August 2013) ~$17 USD
- Brighter RGB+White 2.4Ghz/RF Bulbs (October 2013) ~$19 USD
- New WiFi Bridge (unlimited groups and individual bulb control) (February 2014) ~$17 USD
- Glass on Black 2.4Ghz/RF In-Wall Switches (October 2014) ~$9 USD
Feel free to add to the list of upcoming products and/or manufactures.
## Binary Examples
See [bin](bin) for example executables for each supported system.
## Module Installation
Install the Python module by running:
`bash pip install wifileds `
Then import the module into your code using:
`.py import wifileds `
For each submodule’s specific usage, read the README.md in the [respective directory](wifileds).
## Coding Examples
See [tests](tests) for example scripts for each supported system.
Feel free to contribute code fixes, new effects, or even new WiFi LED systems via GitHub pull requests.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size wifileds-1.0.6.tar.gz (9.2 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|