Convert wiki table markup to excel
Use is trivial as shown below:
from wikitoexcel import wikiToExcel w2e = wikiToExcel(infile="./wikitbl.txt") # print the html representation of wiki markup print w2e.getHTML() # save excel file to out.xlsx w2e.saveExcel(fileName="out.xlsx")
wikitoexcel can capture:
- Font styling: bold, underline, strikethrough
- Cell styling: foreground color, background color
- Supports merged cells
- Sheet name is captured as caption of the wiki table
- Multiline cell contents are styled with ‘wrap’ in excel
- span and div elements are converted to their inner text representation
- HyperLinks are addressed in a way that the hyperlink and display text are presented side by side. This facilitates round-trip between exceltowiki and wikitoexcel. Such as: http://yahoo.com Yahoo!
- Support for saving intermediate html representation
wikitoexcel currently cannot capture anything more complex than the above list. Features such as a font styling within a paragraph is not captured.
If implementing this as a web.py call:
- You can construct a simple HTML form post with a textarea (below assumes textarea name is ‘wikitoexcel’)
- Add the following class
class wikitoexcel(): def POST(self): formdata=web.input() w2e=wikiToExcel(wikiContent= formdata['wikitoexcel']) sbuf= StringIO.StringIO() w2e.saveExcel(fileObj=sbuf) web.header('Content-type','application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet') return sbuf.getvalue()
Release Notes: 0.1.7
Minor update to handling empty cells or with . And some cleanup
Release Notes: 0.1.6
Bug found and fixed for creating a worksheet.
Release Notes: 0.1.5
Clean up of setup.py and minor changes
Release Notes: 0.1.4
- Added option to output in inline format using double pipe separator notation vs line by line format.
- Set the package level variable: wikitoexcel.INLINE_FMT=True (default)
- To allow multiline text, a BR tag is replaced for each return character
Release Notes: 0.1.3
Added license file Rewrote parser to retain wikimarkup within cells. This allows an excel user to passthrough wiki markup.
Release Notes: 0.1.2
Packaging was not following best practice of examples within the package.
Release Notes: 0.1.1
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size wikitoexcel-0.1.7.tar.gz (6.7 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|