A Proxy Selection Tool for Windows
From time to time it is necessary to change the systems proxy settings. This can be due to network changes or to test software with internet access on different proxies or proxy settings. However, always walking through the Windows system dialog and manually changing the settings is a tedious task.
Therefore, this small python project enables the quick change of the proxy settings either programmatically by using the provided module functions, or from the command line, by calling the command line scripts, that are part of this project as well.
The Command Line Tool
To turn on the proxy call
> winproxy on
from the command prompt and to turn off the proxy run
> winproxy off
from the command prompt. You may want to display the current proxy settings by
> winproxy view
If you do have man proxy exceptions (overrides), you can limit the number of proxy exceptions displayed with the -n option:
> winproxy view -n 5 # Display only the first 5 exceptions
> winproxy view -n 0 # Don’t display proxy exceptions at all
The Python API
[TODO: API Description]
- Added a first draft of the set command
- The winproxy view command was broken if * no overrides were set at all * less overrides were set, than should be shown at most
- The override list may contain not only ‘;’ separated proxies, but also ‘,’ separated ones. This may even be mixed. Also, there may be whitespace in the Text. This all is now corrected for, i.e., setting override through the ProxySettings API will always normalize the string to ‘;’ delimited proxies.
- Missing registry values fall back to sensible defaults
- Added the “winproxy cpl” to the command line to open the Windows Internet Settings dialog
- Added a change log to the README
- Basic ProxySettings class for the Python API
- Command line with “winproxy on|off|view” to * turn the proxy on * turn the proxy off * display the current proxy settings
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for winproxy-0.3.0a1-py2.py3-none-any.whl