Create and Manage AWS EC2 AMI cloud images
bakes and manages your AWS cloud images
wolkenbrot is named after a German children's title called Wolkenbrot by the Korean authors Baek Hee Na Kim Hyang Soo. The translation to English is cloud's bread.
In case you wonder, yes it's similar to packer by Hashicorp. But here are some reasons that you might like it better than packer:
- It's written in Python.
- It's not written in Go.
- It can use private AMI as a starting point for your build.
- It's smaller and easier to hack on.
- It has a cooler name.
- It has a better license, MIT sounds way better then MPL-2. Especially because it means "with" in German.
how is it different from Packer or kujenga?
- It is Python3 only.
- It does not depend on fabric.
- It replaces boto with boto3
- It's name is not Swahili, but rather German.
- It adds the ability to list your images
- It adds the ability to get detailed information about an image from the CLI.
- It adds the ability to de-register images from the CLI.
You can run the following command to build an image:
$ wolkenbrot bake <image.json>
See the documentation for the JSON format.
You can run the following command to list your existing images:
$ wolkenbrot list
You can view the information about and image:
$ wolkenbrot info ami-72192e
You can remove the image with:
$ wolkenbrot delete ami-72192e
Wolkenbrot follows boto3 configuration principles, so if you wonder how to pass AWS configuration parameters, take a look in Boto3's own documentation
Do you support Windows or Mac OS X?
The author of this software strongly despises working on Windows or Mac OS X. Hence, this software is not tested for these platforms. If you can run Python on your OS, it might run.
Do you support provisioning machines with Saltstack\Chef\Puppet\Ansible\XYZ?
Yes, just install them via shell first, then call the right binary with the correct playbook\state\formula..
Testing and Installing the test requirements
$ pip install -e ".[dev]" $ make test
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size wolkenbrot-0.3.0.tar.gz (6.5 MB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|