Worldwide holidays and working days helper and toolkit.
Workalendar is a Python module that offers classes able to handle calendars, list legal / religious holidays and gives working-day-related computation functions.
This library is ready for production, although we may warn eventual users: some calendars may not be up-to-date, and this library doesn't cover all the existing countries on earth (yet).
If you spot any bug or wish to add a calendar, please refer to the Contributing doc.
>>> from datetime import date >>> from workalendar.europe import France >>> cal = France() >>> cal.holidays(2012) [(datetime.date(2012, 1, 1), 'New year'), (datetime.date(2012, 4, 9), 'Easter Monday'), (datetime.date(2012, 5, 1), 'Labour Day'), (datetime.date(2012, 5, 8), 'Victory in Europe Day'), (datetime.date(2012, 5, 17), 'Ascension Day'), (datetime.date(2012, 5, 28), 'Whit Monday'), (datetime.date(2012, 7, 14), 'Bastille Day'), (datetime.date(2012, 8, 15), 'Assumption of Mary to Heaven'), (datetime.date(2012, 11, 1), "All Saints' Day"), (datetime.date(2012, 11, 11), 'Armistice Day'), (datetime.date(2012, 12, 25), 'Christmas')] >>> cal.is_working_day(date(2012, 12, 25)) # it's Christmas False >>> cal.is_working_day(date(2012, 12, 30)) # it's Sunday False >>> cal.is_working_day(date(2012, 12, 26)) True >>> cal.add_working_days(date(2012, 12, 23), 5) # 5 working days after Xmas datetime.date(2012, 12, 31)
For a more complete documentation and advanced usage, go to the official workalendar documentation.
Workalendar will require you to use Python 3.6+.
Workalendar is tested on Python 3.6, 3.7, 3.8, 3.9, and on Linux (Ubuntu), Mac OS and Windows using Github actions.
As of v15.0.0:
- If you're using *Nix and Python 3.6, 3.7, 3.8, the package
- If you're using Windows and Python 3.6, 3.7, 3.8, the package
tzdatais also a requirement (with the
- If you're using Python 3.9+, the stdlib
zoneinfopackage will be used.
To run test, just install tox with
pip install tox and run:
from the command line.
- Cayman Islands
- Czech Republic
- European Central Bank
- France (Alsace / Moselle)
- Netherlands (optionally with school holidays and carnival)
- Spain (Andalusia, Aragon, Castile and León, Castilla-La Mancha, Canary Islands, Extremadura, Galicia, Balearic Islands, La Rioja, Community of Madrid, Murcia, Navarre, Asturias, Basque Country, Cantabria, Valencian Community)
- Switzerland (Aargau, Appenzell Innerrhoden, Appenzell Ausserrhoden, Bern, Basel-Landschaft, Basel-Stadt, Fribourg, Geneva, Glarus, Graubünden, Jura, Luzern, Neuchâtel, Nidwalden, Obwalden, St. Gallen, Schaffhausen, Solothurn, Schwyz, Thurgau, Ticino, Uri, Vaud, Valais, Zug, Zurich)
- United Kingdom (incl. Northern Ireland, Scotland and all its territories)
- Brazil (all states, cities and for bank transactions, except the city of Viana)
- Canada (including provincial and territory holidays)
- United States of America
- State holidays for all the 50 States
- American Samoa
- Chicago, Illinois
- Suffolk County, Massachusetts
- California Education, Berkeley, San Francisco, West Hollywood
- Florida Legal and Florida Circuit Courts, Miami-Dade
- Hong Kong
- South Korea
- Australia (incl. its different states)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Ivory Coast
- São Tomé
- South Africa
And more to come (I hope!)
Please take note that some calendars are not 100% accurate. The most common example is the Islamic calendar, where some computed holidays are not exactly on the same official day decided by religious authorities, and this may vary country by country. Whenever it's possible, try to adjust your results with the official data provided by the adequate authorities.
Please read our contributing.md document to discover how you can contribute to
workalendar. Pull-requests are very welcome.
This library is published under the terms of the MIT License. Please check the LICENSE file for more details.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size workalendar-15.1.0-py3-none-any.whl (190.9 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size workalendar-15.1.0.tar.gz (135.2 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for workalendar-15.1.0-py3-none-any.whl