Offline-capable HTML5 web and hybrid apps for citizen science field data collection.
# Recommended: create virtual environment # python3 -m venv venv # . venv/bin/activate # Install entire wq suite (recommended) pip install wq # Install only wq.app pip install wq.app
See the documentation for more information.
- wq/app.js, a high-level application controller and configuration-driven CRUD client (optimized for use with wq.db.rest)
- wq/chart.js, configurable d3-based reusable charts, including time series and boxplots
- wq/map.js, Leaflet integration for wq/app.js pages that contain geometry (loaded via GeoJSON)
- wq/model.js, a lightweight implementation of models / collections
- wq/outbox.js, an offline queue of <form> submissions for later synchronization
- and a number of other useful utilities
To facilitate compact deployment, wq.app provides a Python-based build process for compiling wq apps: inlining templates, optimizing code (via r.js), and generating a native application package (via PhoneGap Build). wq.app also includes jquery-mobile.scss, a SASS/SCSS stylesheet for generating custom jQuery Mobile themes.