Convert xmind to TestLink xml
## Design test cases via [xmind](https://www.xmind.net/)
Xmind is an excellent mindmap tool, which can help you design test cases easily. To create a *convertible* xmind, please design your test cases like this:
Guidelines & Rules:
- Notes for a test suite will be converted to details in TestLink.
- Notes for a test case will be converted to summary in TestLink.
- Comments for a test case will be converted to preconditions in TestLink.
- Priority maker for a test case will be converted to importance in TestLink.
- Sub topics for a test case will be treated as test steps. - It is okay to design test step with action but without expected results.
- Use ! to ignore any test suite / test case / test step that you don’t want to convert.
- The root topic will not be converted, please treat it as target suite node in TestLink.
- Free topic and notes will not be converted.
- Only the mindmap in first sheet will be converted.
Download the sample xmind file: [test_case_by_xmind](doc/test_case_by_xmind.xmind)
## Generate the TestLink xml file
Once your xmind had been created, use bellow command to convert it to TestLink recognized xml file.
`shell cd src python xmind2testlink.py /path/to/testcase.xmind `
An xml with same name will be generated in your xmind directory.
## Import the xml into TestLink
Go to your TestLink website, import the xml into your target test suite step by step.
To avoid duplicates, you might want to Update date on Latest version.
Once you click on the Upload file button, all the tests will be imported as they listed in xmind.
The field mapping looks like below figure.
## Advanced usage
A simple webpage to host this feature also has been built in web folder. To starting the website, here is the command:
`shell cd web python application.py `
Start a browser, then you will be able to convert xmind to TestLink via http://127.0.0.1:5000. I am not good at web design, but I am trying my best to provide a friendly interface :(-)
The baby version.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size xmind2testlink-1.0.0.tar.gz (5.2 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|