Read JUnit/XUnit/MSTest XML files and map them to Python objects
xunitparserx reads a JUnit/XUnit/MSTest XML file and maps it to Python objects. It tries to use the objects available in the standard unittest module.
xunitparserx work both for python2 and python3, with addition MSTest trx support
import xunitparserx ts, tr = xunitparserx.parse(open('/path/to/unit.xml'))
ts is a TestSuite class, containing TestCase classes. tr is a TestResult class.
You can change the classes used (though they probably would not work unless they inherit from the xunitparserx ones) by using your own xunitparserx.Parser class and changing the *_CLASS variables.
Some helpful properties are added to the TestCase class:
for tc in ts: print('Class %s, method %s' % (tc.classname, tc.methodname)) if tc.good: print('went well...', 'but did not run.' if tc.skip else '') else: print('went wrong.')
For more, please read the source code - it is very minimal. The classes also inherit from the unittest module so it is actually a good reference of what you can do with xunitparserx.
- add fromstring support, ref:https://docs.python.org/3/library/xml.etree.elementtree.html#parsing-xml
- add MSTest trx support(parse_trx, fromstring_trx), ref: https://gist.github.com/congzhangzh/92ca9692430a95e3dce98f4ae2c0004e, https://gist.github.com/congzhangzh/30ecfd89fa9f0d4139c585869d2df81f, https://github.com/x97mdr/pickles/blob/master/src/Pickles/Pickles.Test/results-example-mstest.trx
- add pytest record_xml_property support, ref: https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest/issues/3130
- add python 3 support
- Multiple results in a single TestCase are seen as one. The previous way was never validated by real-life examples.
- Handle system-out / system-err at the testsuite level
Pull request is welcome.
Love My Software: https://www.paypal.me/medlab :)
- python setup.py sdist
- python -m twine upload dist/*
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size xunitparserx-1.9.9.tar.gz (16.9 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|