Dumb downloader that scrapes the web
You-Get is a tiny command-line utility to download media contents (videos, audios, images) from the Web, in case there is no other handy way to do it.
Here’s how you use you-get to download a video from this web page:
$ you-get http://www.fsf.org/blogs/rms/20140407-geneva-tedx-talk-free-software-free-society Site: fsf.org Title: TEDxGE2014_Stallman05_LQ Type: WebM video (video/webm) Size: 27.12 MiB (28435804 Bytes) Downloading TEDxGE2014_Stallman05_LQ.webm ... 100.0% ( 27.1/27.1 MB) ├████████████████████████████████████████┤[1/1] 12 MB/s
And here’s why you might want to use it:
- You enjoyed something on the Internet, and just want to download them for your own pleasure.
- You watch your favorite videos online from your computer, but you are prohibited from saving them. You feel that you have no control over your own computer. (And it’s not how an open Web is supposed to work.)
- You are an adherent of hacker culture and free software.
What you-get can do for you:
- Download videos / audios from popular websites such as YouTube, Youku, Niconico, and a bunch more. (See the full list of supported sites)
- Stream an online video in your media player. No web browser, no more ads.
- Download images (of interest) by scraping a web page.
- Download arbitrary non-HTML contents, i.e., binary files.
Are you a Python programmer? Then check out the source and fork it!
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|you_get-0.4.1181-py3-none-any.whl (200.5 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||3.7|
|you-get-0.4.1181.tar.gz (145.3 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|