Tool to auto-download new playlist entries.
This tool knows how to poll for changes to playlist(s) and to then download the physical videos for the new items automatically (using youtube-dl).
- Can provide more than one playlist.
- The state is recorded for each playlist during each call. This is how the differences are calculated.
- Uses python-googleautoauth for authentication.
- Manages multiple instances being run concurrently.
- Designed to be scheduled and to print information that could be reported via email.
Since YouTube does not enforce uniqueness for playlist names, you are required to provide playlist IDs rather than names.
To find the playlist name, run:
$ ytad_search_playlists Animals PLxaR7YEkaI0xop_lzMT6BxAPGacWvmEih $ ytad_search_playlists Special PLxaR7YEkaI0yLK521mTCd4kqHr1gs86gE
Now, you may check for new videos and download (“-p” is a playlist-ID, “-dp” is the download-path):
$ ytad_autodownload -p PLxaR7YEkaI0yLK521mTCd4kqHr1gs86gE -dp "/storage/videos/$(date '+\%Y')/Special" Lion Vs Mongoose: Mongoose Fends Off Four Lions - Playlist: Special - ID: 1TPn1-SJqVM - Download time: 9s - Filename: 20140902 - Lion Vs Mongoose - Mongoose Fends Off Four Lions (1TPn1-SJqVM).mp4 - Size: 22.1M Slow loris loves getting tickled http://bit.ly/14qLq8x - Playlist: Special - ID: PZ5ACLVjYwM - Download time: 3s - Filename: 20090426 - Slow loris loves getting tickled http -_bit.ly_14qLq8x (PZ5ACLVjYwM).webm - Size: 3.1M
- If you do not wish to download all videos in a playlist the first time that you run this command, omit the download-path parameter.