YT Songs searches, downloads and normalizes the titlesof a list of songs from youtube using youtube-dl.
YT Songs searches, downloads and normalizes the titles of a list of songs from youtube using youtube-dl.
Install with pip:
pip install -U yt-songs
Create a songs file like test_songs and run:
yt-songs get SONGS_FILE DST_FOLDER
- -v or –verbose to print the full youtube-dl output.
- -s or –skip to skip the normalization.
- -n NUMBER or –number NUMBER to download a search result other than the first.
- -c FILE or –config FILE to use a different config file. It may be useful to have multiple config files for different needs.
Since yt-songs runs on top of youtube-dl, any youtube-dl option can be used for yt-songs, with exception of logger and progress_hooks, which are set internally.
The following command opens the YAML config file in the user’s preferred editor:
yt-songs config -e
The options for yt-songs are:
- A name template for youtube-dl’s output. This option overwrites its youtube-dl analogue outtmpl in ydl_opts.
- A temporary folder to store the files before normalizing the titles.
- The replacements to perform with regular expressions in order to normalize the titles.
- Youtube-dl options.
MIT licensed. See the bundled LICENSE file for more details.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size yt-songs-1.0.5.tar.gz (6.2 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|