Library for verifying Yubikey One Time Passwords (OTPs)
Yubico Python Client
Python class for verifying Yubico One Time Passwords (OTPs) based on the validation protocol version 2.0.
- Yubico website: http://www.yubico.com
- Yubico documentation: http://www.yubico.com/developers/intro/
- Validation Protocol Version 2.0 FAQ: http://www.yubico.com/develop/open-source-software/web-api-clients/server/
- Validation Protocol Version 2.0 description: https://github.com/Yubico/yubikey-val/wiki/ValidationProtocolV20
For more information and usage examples, please see the. documentation.
Documentation is available at https://yubico-client.readthedocs.org/en/latest/
$ pip install yubico-client
Note: Package has been recently renamed from yubico to yubico-client and the main module has been renamed from yubico to yubico_client. This was done to avoid naming conflicts and make creation of distribution specific packages easier.
To run the tests use the tox command. This will automatically run the tests on all the supported Python versions.
Yubico Client is distributed under the 3-Clause BSD License.
1.10.0 - 2015-10-02
Fix compatibility issue with Python versions >= 3.0 <= 3.3 #22
Pin requests dependency to the latest version (2.7) #25 #27
Contribution by Wouter van Bommel, Vianney Carel.
Make sure the query parameters are unquoted when parsing them from the response. #23
Contribution by Tamás Gulácsi.
1.9.1 - 2014-02-05
- Fix Python 3 compatibility issue. #21
1.9.0 - 2014-01-16
To discourage bad practices, remove use_https argument from the Yubico class constructor all together. Also update DEFAULT_API_URLS variable to contain full URLs with a scheme (e.g. https://api.yubico.com/wsapi/2.0/verify).
If a user wants to use a custom non-https URL or URLs, they can still do that by passing api_urls argument with custom non-https URLs to the constructor.
Replace CA_CERTS_BUNDLE_PATH module level variable with a ca_certs_bundle_path argument which can be passed to the Yubico class constructor.
Update requests dependency from 1.2 to 2.2.
1.8.0 - 2013-11-09
Modify verify_multi method to throw if otp_list argument contains less than two items
Modify max_time_window argument in the verify_multi method to be in seconds (#19)
Modify verify_multi method to throw if delta between the first and last OTP timestamp is smaller than zero
Allow user to pass api_urls argument to the Yubico class constructor. This argument can contain a list of API urls which are used to validate the token. https://github.com/Kami/python-yubico-client/pull/18
Contributed by Dain Nilsson
Depend on newer version (1.2.3) of the requests library.
Update code and tests so they also work under Python 3.3
1.7.0 - 2013-04-06
Change PyPi package name from yubico to yubico-client.
This was done to prevent naming collisions and make creation of distribution specific packages (e.g. debian packages) easier.
1.6.2 - 2013-04-02
If there are multiple interpretations for a given OTP, first try to find the one which matches the input OTP. If the one is found, use the input OTP, otherwise use random interpretation. - https://github.com/Kami/python-yubico-client/issues/14
Reported by Klas Lindfors
1.6.1 - 2013-03-19
- Only run logging.basicConfig when running tests so logging config isn’t initialised on module import - https://github.com/Kami/python-yubico-client/pull/13
1.6.0 - 2013-01-24
- Allow user to specify a path to the CA bundle which is used for verifying the server SSL certificate by setting CA_CERTS_BUNDLE_PATH variable.
- When selecting which CA bundle is used for verifying the server SSL certificate look for the bundle in some common locations - https://github.com/Kami/python-yubico-client/pull/10
- Drop support for Python 2.5
- Use requests library for performing HTTP requests and turn SSL cert verification on by default
- Avoid busy-looping (add time.sleep) when waiting for responses - https://github.com/Kami/python-yubico-client/pull/9
- Allow user to pass in value 0 for sl argument in verify and verify_multi method - https://github.com/Kami/python-yubico-client/pull/8
- Throw an exception inside verify and verify_multi method if timeout has occurred or invalid status code is returned - https://github.com/Kami/python-yubico-client/pull/7
- Improve response validation and of included, verify that otp and nonce parameters in the response match one provided in the request - https://github.com/Kami/python-yubico-client/pull/7
- Add logging
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|File Name & Checksum SHA256 Checksum Help||Version||File Type||Upload Date|
|yubico_client-1.10.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (17.9 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||any||Wheel||Oct 2, 2015|
|yubico-client-1.10.0.tar.bz2 (17.4 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||–||Source||Oct 2, 2015|
|yubico-client-1.10.0.tar.gz (21.0 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||–||Source||Oct 2, 2015|
|yubico-client-1.10.0.zip (28.1 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||–||Source||Oct 2, 2015|