ZC Buildout recipe for defining a Zope 3 instance
This recipe creates a Zope instance that has been extended by a collection of eggs.
The recipe takes the following options:
- The name of a section providing a Zope 3 installation definition. This defaults to zope3. The section is required to have a location option giving the location of the installation. This could be a section used to install a part, like a Zope 3 checkout, or simply a section with a location option pointing to an existing install.
- The name of a section defining a zconfig option that has a zodb section.
- The user name and password for manager user
- One or more requirements for distributions to be included.
If specified, provides the list of package ZCML files to include in the instance’s package includes and their order.
By default, the ZCML files normally included in package-includes are ommitted. To includes these, include ‘*’ in the list of includes.
Each entry is a package name with an optional include type and file name. An package name can be optionally followed by a ‘:’ and a file name within the package. The default file name is configure.zcml. The string ‘-meta’ can be included between the file name and the package name. If so, then the default file name is meta.zcml and the include will be treated as a meta include. Similarly for ‘-overrides’. For example, the include:foo.bar
Causes the file named NNN-foo.bar-configure.zcml to be inserted into package-includes containing:<include package=”foo.bar” file=”configure.zcml” />
where NNN is a 3-digit number computed from the order if the entry in the zcml option.
Causes the file named NNN-foo.bar-meta.zcml to be inserted into package-includes containing:<include package=”foo.bar” file=”meta.zcml” />
Causes the file named NNN-foo.bar-overrides.zcml to be inserted into package-includes containing:<include package=”foo.bar” file=”x.zcml” />
- Need tests
- Hopefully, for Zope 3.4, we’ll be able to make the instance-creation process more modular, which will allow a cleaner implementation for this recipe.
- Support for multiple storages
- Support for more configuration options.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size zc.recipe.zope3instance-1.0.0a1-py2.4.egg (7.4 kB)||File type Egg||Python version 2.4||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for zc.recipe.zope3instance-1.0.0a1-py2.4.egg