A lightweight component model using ZeroMQ
Project DescriptionRelease History
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
- ZCM is a lightweight component model using ZeroMQ (http://zeromq.org/)
- Components are the building blocks of an application
- Components are characterized by ports and timers.
- Timers are bound to an operation and fire periodically
- There are four basic types of ports in ZCM: publisher, subscriber, client and server
- Publishers publish messages and Subscribers receive messages
- Clients request the services of a server by sending a request message; Servers receive such requests, process the requests, and respond back to the Client. Until the Server responds, the Client port blocks
- A Component can be instantiated multiple times in an application with different port configurations
- A component has a single operation queue that handles timer triggers and receives messages
- A component has an executor thread that processes this operation queue
- Components register functionality e.g. timer_operations, subscribers_operations etc.
- Component instances are grouped together into a process, called Actor
- An actor receives a configuration (.JSON) file, that contains information regarding the components to instantiate
- This configuration file also contains properties of all timers and ports contained by the component instances
|File Name & Checksum SHA256 Checksum Help||Version||File Type||Upload Date|
|zcm-1.0.0-py2-none-any.whl (13.7 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||2.7||Wheel||Jun 11, 2016|
|zcm-1.0.0.tar.gz (11.5 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||–||Source||Jun 11, 2016|