Adding jquery.fullcalendar to plone 4
zettwerk.fullcalendar integrates the jQuery FullCalendar into Plone 4.
Also check out zettwerk.ui for on-the-fly theming of the calendar and you plone site.
Basically this addon gives you a new view for Topics (and Folders) to display all event-like contenttypes with the jQuery Fullcalendar. Results from the Topic criteria which are not event-like CT´s will be ignored.
If you have developed you own event type it will be displayed as long as it implements the right interface or is based on ATEvent.
An Event will be ‘all-day’ if the starttime hour and minutes were left empty when the event was created. All displayed events link to the corresponding object.
Beginning with version 0.2.1 zettwerk.fullcalendar uses Plone site’s preferred time format. It defaults to display a.m./p.m. which might not be so common in european contries. To change it, switch to the ZMI and click the portal_properties object. Then look for the site_properties and open it. Change the field ‘localTimeOnlyFormat’ to something more common like %H:%M.
Add zettwerk.fullcalendar to your buildout eggs. After running buildout and starting the instance, you can install Zettwerk Fullcalendar via portal_quickinstaller to your plone instance. zettwerk.fullcalendar requires Plone 4.
Add a Topic anywhere on your site and set the criterias to your needs. All event-like results can now be displayed with the jQuery Fullcalendar by selecting the Calendar view in the Topic´s display menu. For Folders, just do the same: select the Calendar view and you are done. All event-like content objects will be shown.
zettwerk.fullcalendar is out of the box ready to use zettwerk.ui to apply jquery.ui’s css to the calendar view. There is only one problem with the ordering of the registered css in plone’s portal_css (registry): if you installed zettwerk.ui after zettwerk.fullcalendar make sure to move the resource with id “++resource++jquery.fullcalendar/fullcalendar.css” to the bottom of all registered css files. You can do this by switching to the ZMI of you plone instance - click portal_css - search the id given above und use the arrows to move it down. At the end click “save”.
- Rerelease of 0.3.0: fixed package structure
- Replaced jquery accessor (fixes Plone 4.3 compatibility) [jkubaile]
- Updated fullcalendar to official 1.6.4 [jkubaile]
- Add proper translateable view titles and descriptions. [tmog]
- Events now include a className which is the combination of all Subjects it is tagged with, giving designers some more to play with. Class names are normalized using the standard plone mechanism. E.g. for an event Subject=[‘A subject’, ‘Subject 10!’] we add className=”Subject_a-subject Subject_subject-10”. [tmog]
- Add danish translation. [tmog]
- Changed date transfer format (#1) [jkubaile]
- updated fullcalendar to offical 1.5.3 [jkubaile]
- fixed preview link display [jkubaile]
- pep8-ify [jkubaile]
- added Finnish locales [pingviini].
- bulgarian translation [vlado]
- zettwerk.fullcalendar will now pull the Plone site’s preferred time format from portal_properties and use it when displaying dates. [fvox13]
- Changing am and pm to a.m. and p.m. so as to comply with the Associated Press Stylebook, Microsoft Manual of Style, Chicago Manual of Style, Gregg Reference Manual… [fvox13]
- added notes about portal_properties usage in readme [jkubaile]
- replaced $ with jq to make ie work for authenticated users
- added another view with overlay preview (reinstall via quickinstaller required)
- updated fullcalendar to 1.5.1
- added some svn:ignores [jensens]
- updated fullcalendar to official 1.4.9 [jensens]
- make div id to bind on more unique and remove superfluos try in js [jensens]
- Better startup handling to avoid empty calendar view if js errors occure
- Added fullcalender_view as possible view for folders
- Initial release