Object life-cycle events
In a loosely-coupled system, events can be used by parts of the system to inform each other about relevant occurrences. The zope.event package (optionally together with zope.interface and zope.component) provides a generic mechanism to dispatch objects representing those events to interested subscribers (e.g., functions). This package defines a specific set of event objects and API functions for describing the life-cycle of objects in the system: object creation, object modification, and object removal.
Documentation is hosted at https://zopelifecycleevent.readthedocs.io
- Add support for Python 3.5 and 3.6.
- Drop support for Python 2.6 and 3.3.
- Documentation is hosted at https://zopelifecycleevent.readthedocs.io
- Add support for PyPy3.
- Add support for Python 3.4.
- Drop the dependency on zope.component as the interface and implementation of ObjectEvent is now in zope.interface. Retained the dependency for the tests.
- Fix: .moved tried to notify the wrong event.
- Add Trove classifiers indicating CPython and PyPy support.
- Add tox.ini.
- Test coverage at 100%.
- Add support for Python 3.3 and PyPy.
- Replace deprecated zope.interface.implements usage with equivalent zope.interface.implementer decorator.
- Drop support for Python 2.4 and 2.5.
- Add convenience functions to parallel zope.lifecycleevent.modified for the other events defined in this package.
- Add not declared, but needed test dependency on zope.component [test].
- Remove dependency on undeclared zope.testing.doctest.
- Refactor tests to lose zope.annotation and zope.dublincore as dependencies.
- Copy IObjectMovedEvent, IObjectAddedEvent, IObjectRemovedEvent interfaces and ObjectMovedEvent, ObjectAddedEvent and ObjectRemovedEvent classes here from zope.container (plus tests). The intent is to allow packages that rely on these interfaces or the event classes to rely on zope.lifecycleevent (which has few dependencies) instead of zope.container (which has many).
- Remove deprecated code and therefore dependency on zope.deferredimport.
- Change package’s mailing list address to zope-dev at zope.org, as zope3-dev at zope.org is now retired.
- Update package’s description and documentation.
- Remove old module declarations from classes.
- Use zope.container instead of zope.app.container.
Initial release as an independent package
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, Size & Hash SHA256 Hash Help||File Type||Python Version||Upload Date|
(19.4 kB) Copy SHA256 Hash SHA256
|Wheel||py2.py3||Jul 12, 2017|
(26.5 kB) Copy SHA256 Hash SHA256
|Source||None||Jul 12, 2017|