In Zope3, “locations” are special objects that have a structural location, indicated with __name__ and __parent__ attributes.
See zope.container for a useful extension of this concept to “containers.”
Documentation is hosted at https://zopelocation.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
- Add support for Python 3.7.
- Drop support for Python 2.6, 3.2 and 3.3.
- Add a page to the docs on hacking zope.location.
- Note additional documentation dependencies.
- Add support for Python 3.5 and 3.6.
- Remove internal _compat implementation module.
- Add Python 3.4 support.
- Update boostrap.py to version 2.2.
- Change the behavior of LocationProxy’s __setattr__() to correctly behave when dealing with the pure Python version of the ProxyBase class. Also added a test suite that fully tests the pure Python proxy version of the LocationProxy class.
- Add Python 3.3 support.
- Remove backward-compatibility imports:
- zope.copy.clone (aliased as zope.location.pickling.locationCopy)
- zope.copy.CopyPersistent (aliased as zope.location.pickling.CopyPersistent).
- zope.site.interfaces.IPossibleSite (aliased as zope.location.interfaces.IPossibleSite).
- Add Python 3.2 support.
- Make zope.component dependency optional. Use the component extra to force its installation (or just require it directly). If zope.component is not present, this package defines the ISite interface itself, and omits adapter registrations from its ZCML.
- Add support for PyPy.
- Add support for continuous integration using tox and jenkins.
- Bring unit test coverage to 100%.
- Add Sphinx documentation: moved doctest examples to API reference.
- Add ‘setup.py docs’ alias (installs Sphinx and dependencies).
- Add ‘setup.py dev’ alias (runs setup.py develop plus installs nose and coverage).
- Replace deprecated zope.component.adapts usage with equivalent zope.component.adapter decorator.
- Replace deprecated zope.interface.implements usage with equivalent zope.interface.implementer decorator.
- Drop support for Python 2.4 and 2.5.
- Add zcml extra as well as a test for configure.zcml.
- Move LocationCopyHook related tests to zope.copy and remove a test dependency on that package.
- Fix a typo in the configure.zcml.
- Remove dependency on zope.copy: the LocationCopyHook adapter is registered only if zope.copy is available.
- Use the standard Python doctest module instead of zope.testing.doctest, which has been deprecated.
- Adjust to testing output caused by new zope.schema.
- Move the IPossibleSite and ISite interfaces to zope.component as they are dealing with zope.component’s concept of a site, but not with location.
- Add getParent() to ILocationInfo and moved the actual implementation here from zope.traversal.api, analogous to getParents().
- Actually remove deprecated PathPersistent class from zope.location.pickling.
- Move ITraverser back to zope.traversing where it belongs conceptually. The interface had been moved to zope.location to invert the package interdependency but is no longer used here.
- New feature release: deprecate locationCopy, CopyPersistent and PathPersistent from zope.location.pickling. These changes were already part of the 3.5.3 release, which was erroneously numbered as a bugfix relese.
- Remove dependency on zope.deferredimport, directly import deprecated modules without using it.
- Add zope.deferredimport as a dependency as it’s used directly by zope.location.pickling.
- Add IContained interface to zope.location.interfaces module. This interface was moved from zope.container (after zope.container 3.8.2); consumers of IContained may now depend on zope.location rather than zope.container to reduce dependency cycles.
Use new zope.copy package for implementing location copying. Thus there’s changes in the zope.locaton.pickling module:
- The locationCopy and CopyPersistent was removed in prefer to their equivalents in zope.copy. Deprecated backward-compatibility imports provided.
- The module now provides a zope.copy.interfaces.ICopyHook adapter for ILocation objects that replaces the old CopyPersistent functionality of checking for the need to clone objects based on their location.
- Split RootPhysicallyLocatable adapter back from LocationPhysicallyLocatable, because the IRoot object may not always provide ILocation and the code for the root object is also simplier. It’s basically a copy of the RootPhysicallyLocatable adapter from zope.traversing version 3.5.0 and below with getParents method added (returns an empty list).
- Improve test coverage.
- The new getParents method was extracted from zope.traversing and added to ILocationInfo interface in the previous release. Custom ILocationInfo implementations should make sure they have this method as well. That method is already used in zope.traversing.api.getParents function.
- Make getName of LocationPhysicallyLocatable always return empty string for the IRoot object, like RootPhysicallyLocatable from zope.traversing did. So, now LocationPhysicallyLocatable is fully compatible with RootPhysicallyLocatable, making the latter one obsolete.
- Change package mailing list address to zope-dev at zope.org instead of retired zope3-dev at zope.org.
- Reverse the dependency between zope.location and zope.traversing. This also causes the dependency to various other packages go away.
- Initial release independent of the main Zope tree.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size zope.location-4.2-py2.py3-none-any.whl (21.6 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size zope.location-4.2.tar.gz (30.3 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for zope.location-4.2-py2.py3-none-any.whl