The Zope publisher publishes Python objects on the web.
This package allows you to publish Python objects on the web. It has support for plain HTTP/WebDAV clients, web browsers as well as XML-RPC and FTP clients. Input and output streams are represented by request and response objects which allow for easy client interaction from Python. The behaviour of the publisher is geared towards WSGI compatibility.
- Fix instances of BaseRequest (including BrowserRequest) being unexpectedly False on Python 3 by defining __bool__. Such instances were always True on Python 2. See issue 18.
Add support for Python 3.6.
Accept both new and old locations for __code__ in zope.publisher.publisher.unwrapMethod. This restores compatibility with Products.PythonScripts, where parameters were not extracted. [maurits, thet, MatthewWilkes]
Fix file uploads on python 3.4 and up. cgi.FieldStorage explicitly closes files when it is garbage collected. For details, see:
We now keep a reference to the FieldStorage till we are finished processing the request.
Fix POST with large values on Python 3. Related to cgi.FieldStorage doing the decoding in Python 3. See pull 16.
- Add support for Python 3.5.
- Drop support for Python 2.6 and 3.2.
- Emit HTTP response headers in a deterministic order (GH #8).
- Add support for Python 3.2.
- Add support for PyPy and PyPy3.
- Add support for Python 3.4.
- Enable testing on Travis.
- Add __traceback_info__ to response.redirect() to ease debugging untrusted redirects.
- Add trusted support for Redirect exception
- Support UTF-8-encoding application/json responses returned as Unicode.
- Add YAML for travis-ci.
- Return bytes from PrincipalLogging.getLogMessage instead of unicode.
- Use BytesIO in zope.publisher.xmlrpc.TestRequest.
Replace deprecated zope.component.adapts usage with equivalent zope.component.adapter decorator.
Replace deprecated zope.interface.implements usage with equivalent zope.interface.implementer decorator.
Drop support for Python 2.4, 2.5 and pypy.
Add support for Python 3.3.
Wrap with interaction() in try/finally.
Don’t guess the content type with 304 responses which MUST NOT / SHOULD NOT include it according to: http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html#sec10.3.5
Unfortunately, the content type will still be guessed if the result is set before the status.
- Fix error when no charset matches form data and HTTP_ACCEPT_CHARSET contains a *.
- Add test convenience helper create_interaction and with interaction().
- Upload a non-CRLF version to pypi.
- Rename the tests extra to test.
- Add a test for our own configure.zcml.
- Use UTF-8 as the charset if the browser does not set a header, per W3C spec.
- LP #131460: Make principal logging unicode safe.
- Remove use of string exceptions in tests, http://bugs.debian.org/585343
- Add IStartRequestEvent and StartRequestEvent for use in zope.app.publication (matching up with IEndRequestEvent and EndRequestEvent). Includes refactoring to produce one definition of ‘event with a request’ - IRequestEvent.
- LP #209440: Don’t obscure original exception when handling retries in publish.publish() with handleErrors == False. This change makes debugging such exception in unit tests easier. Thanks to James Henstridge for the patch.
- LP #98395: allow unicode output of XML content whose mimetype does not begin with text/, per RFC 3023 as well as for content types ending in +xml such as Mozilla XUL’s application/vnd+xml. Thanks to Justin Ryan for the patch.
- Remove use of zope.testing.doctestunit in favor of stdlib’s doctest.
- Fix bug where xml-rpc requests would hang when served using paster.httpserver.
- Ensure that BaseRequest.traverse does not call traversal hooks on elements previously traversed but wrapped in a security proxy.
- Revert change done in 3.6.2, removing the zope.authentication dependency again. Move the BasicAuthAdapter and FTPAuth adapters to the new zope.login package.
- Move EndRequestEvent and IEndRequestEvent here from zope.app.publication.
- Declare minimum dependency on zope.contenttype 3.5 (omitted in 3.10).
- Move the implementation of zope.publisher.contenttype to zope.contenttype.parse, leaving BBB imports and moving tests along. zope.contenttype is a new but light-weight dependency of this package.
- Support Python 2.6 by keeping QUERY_STRING out of request.form if the method is a POST. The original QUERY_STRING is still available if further processing is needed.
- Better support the zcml defaultSkin directive’s behavior (registering an interface as a default skin) in the setDefaultSkin function.
- Fix the check for untrusted redirects introduced in 3.9.0 so it works with virtual hosting.
- Make redirect validation works without HTTP_HOST variable.
- Add DoNotReRaiseException adapter that can be registered for exceptions to flag that they should not be re-raised by publisher when handle_errors parameter of the publish method is False.
- Convert a location, passed to a redirect method of HTTPRequest to string before checking for trusted host redirection, because a location object may be some non-string convertable to string, like URLGetter.
Move some parts of zope.app.publisher into this package during zope.app.publisher refactoring:
- IModifiableUserPreferredLanguages adapter for requests
- browser:defaultView and browser:defaultSkin ZCML directives
- IHTTPView, IXMLRPCView and like interfaces
- security ZCML declarations for some of zope.publisher classes
Introduce IReRaiseException interface. If during publishing an exception occurs and for this exception an adapter is available that returns False on being called, the exception won’t be reraised by the publisher. This happens only if handle_errors parameter of the publish() method is set to False. Fixes problems when acting in a WSGI pipeline with a debugger middleware enabled.
See https://bugs.launchpad.net/grok/+bug/332061 for details.
Fix #98471: Restrict redirects to current host. This causes a ValueError to be raised in the case of redirecting to a different host. If this is intentional, the parameter trusted can be given.
Move dependency on zope.testing from install_requires to tests_require.
Remove time.sleep in the supportsRetry http request.
Add a fix for Internet Explorer versions which upload files with full filesystem paths as filenames.
- Move IHTTPException, IMethodNotAllowed, and MethodNotAllowed here from zope.app.http, fixing dependency cycles involving zope.app.http.
- Move the DefaultViewName API here from zope.app.publisher.browser, making it accessible to other packages that need it.
- Move IView and IBrowserView interfaces into zope.browser.interfaces, leaving BBB imports.
- Add some BBB code to setDefaultSkin to allow IBrowserRequest’s to continue to work without configuring any special adapter for IDefaultSkin.
- Move getDefaultSkin to the skinnable module next to the setDefaultSkin method, leaving a BBB import in place. Mark IDefaultBrowserLayer as a IBrowserSkinType in code instead of relying on the ZCML to be loaded.
- Mark HTTPRequest as IAttributeAnnotatable if zope.annotation is available, this was previously done by zope.app.i18n.
- Register IHTTPRequest -> IUserPreferredCharsets adapter in ZCML configuration. This was also previously done by zope.app.i18n.
Add an adapter from zope.security.interfaces.IPrincipal to zope.publisher.interfaces.logginginfo.ILoggingInfo. It was moved from zope.app.security as a part of refactoring process.
Add adapters from HTTP and FTP request to zope.authentication.ILoginPassword interface. They are moved from zope.app.security as a part of refactoring process. This change adds a dependency on the zope.authentication package, but it’s okay, since it’s a tiny contract definition-only package.
See http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/2009-March/035325.html for reasoning.
- Fix: remove IBrowserRequest dependency in http implementation based on condition for setDefaultSkin. Use ISkinnable instead of IBrowserRequest.
Clean-up: Move skin related code from zope.publisher.interfaces.browser and zope.publisher.browser to zope.publihser.interfaces and zope.publisher.skinnable and provide BBB imports. See skinnable.txt for more information.
Fix: ensure that we only apply skin interface in setDefaultSkin which also provide IBrowserSkinType. This will ensure that we find a skin if the applySkin method will lookup for a skin based on this type interface.
Fix: Make it possible to use adapters and not only interfaces as skins from the adapter registry. Right now the defaultSkin directive registers simple interfaces as skin adapters which will run into a TypeError if someone tries to adapter such a skin adapter. Probably we should change the defaultSkin directive and register real adapters instead of using the interfaces as fake adapters where we expect adapter factories.
Feature: allow use of applySkinof with different skin types using the optional skinType argument, which is by default set to IBrowserSkinType.
Feature: implement the default skin pattern within adapters. This allows us to register default skins for other requests then only IBrowserRequest using IDefaultSkin adapters.
Note, ISkinnable and ISkinType and the skin implementation should be moved out of the browser request modules. Packages like z3c.jsonrpc do not depend on IBrowserRequest but they are skinnable.
Feature: add ISkinnable interface which allows us to implement the apply skin pattern not only for IBrowserRequest.
Fix: Don’t cause warnings on Python 2.6
Fix: Make IBrowserPage inherit IBrowserView.
Move IView and IDefaultViewName here from zope.component.interfaces. Stop inheriting from deprecated (for years) interfaces defined in zope.component.
Remove deprecated code.
Clean-up: Move zope.testing from extras to dependencies, per Zope Framework policy. Remove zope.app.testing as a dependency: tests run fine without it.
- Fix an untested code path that incorrectly attempted to construct a NotFound, adding a test.
- LP #322486: setStatus() now allows any int()-able status value.
- LP #98440: interfaces lost on retried request
- LP #273296: dealing more nicely with malformed HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE headers within getPreferredLanguages().
- LP #253362: dealing more nicely with malformed HTTP_ACCEPT_CHARSET headers within getPreferredCharsets().
- LP #98284: Pass the size argument to readline, as the version of twisted used in zope.app.twisted supports it.
- Fix the LP #98284 fix: do not pass size argument of None that causes cStringIO objects to barf with a TypeError.
- It turns out that some Web servers (Paste for example) do not send the EOF character after the data has been transmitted and the read() of the cached stream simply hangs if no expected content length has been specified.
A previous fix to handle posting of non-form data broke handling of form data with extra information in the content type, as in:
When posting non-form (and non-multipart) data, the request body was consumed and discarded. This makes it impossible to deal with other post types, like xml-rpc or json without resorting to overly complex “request factory” contortions.
zope.publisher.http.HTTPCharsets was confused by the Zope 2 publisher, which gives misleading information about which headers it has.
- Added a PasteDeploy app_factory implementation. This should make it easier to integrate Zope 3 applications with PasteDeploy. It also makes it easier to control the publication used, giving far greater control over application policies (e.g. whether or not to use the ZODB).
- Made segmentation of URLs not strip (trailing) whitespace from path segments to allow URLs ending in %20 to be handled correctly. (#172742)
No changes since 3.4.1b2.
- Add support for Python 2.5.
- Fix a problem with request.get() when the object that’s to be retrieved is the request itself.
- LP #122054: HTTPInputStream understands both the CONTENT_LENGTH and HTTP_CONTENT_LENGTH environment variables. It is also now tolerant of empty strings and will treat those as if the variable were absent.
- Fix caching issue. The input stream never got cached in a temp file because of a wrong content-length header lookup. Added CONTENT_LENGTH header check in addition to the previous used HTTP_CONTENT_LENGTH. The HTTP_ prefix is sometimes added by some CGI proxies, but CONTENT_LENGTH is the right header info for the size.
- LP #98413: HTTPResponse.handleException should set the content type
Initial release as a separate project, corresponds to zope.publisher from Zope 3.4.0a1
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|zope.publisher-4.3.2-py2.py3-none-any.whl (127.0 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2.py3||May 23, 2017|
|zope.publisher-4.3.2.tar.gz (95.2 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||May 23, 2017|