This project is a suite of tools designed to ease the process of developing assembly language apps for the TI-83 Plus series of calculators. Currently, it contains the following tools:
- zmake (inspired by qmake of qt), which produces a Makefile that describes the build process for a TI-83 Plus assembly language application, and
- zabc (Z80 Application Boilerplate Compiler), which generates an assembly language file that can be assembled into an application.
It also includes some assembly language libraries and a sample application to build.
INSTALLATION AND DEPENDENCIES
Currently, this project is only supported on Unix-like operating systems. It is a Python project located on PyPI, and can therefore be installed by running some variation of pip install zproj (perhaps with root access).
The following dependencies are required to use this project:
- Python 3. The tools are written in Python, and have not been designed with Python 2 in mind.
- peeker. This is a small Python package used by the tools included in this project.
- GNU make or equivalent. This program must be installed in order to use the Makefile generated by zmake.
- spasm. This is the assembler currently used and supported by the project, and must therefore be installed to perform builds.
- rabbitsign. TI-83 Plus applications must be digitally signed in order to be loaded onto calculators, and rabbitsign is the application signer currently supported by this project.
This project ships with an example “Hello World” application that can be built using the tools contained in this project. After installing the project and the above dependencies, changing directories into examples/hello and running zmake followed by make should build a .8xk file that can be loaded onto an actual or simulated TI-83 Plus series calculator.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size zproj-1.0.10.tar.gz (50.6 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|