A tool to help you design and export 3D-printable bitcoin/cryptocurrency wallets
This project helps you design and export 3D-printable wallets, similar to paper wallets (but they won’t die in a flood)
Everyone who’s seriously serious about bitcoin has tried paper wallet generators. While the idea is great, paper isn’t a great medium out of which to make something that stores significant value. This this in mind, we set out to make a simple, easy-to-use software that can design and export 3D-printable wallets, with a variety of configuration options.
- Python3: this project is designed for Python3, not Python2
- PyBitcoin, sudo pip3 install bitcoin (no manual installation required)
- PyQRCode, sudo pip3 install pyqrcode (no manual installation required)
- OpenSCAD 2015 (or higher), just install from their website, and the program should find it automatically (submit an issue if it doesn’t) - (manual installation required)
- Supports a variety of configuration and size options
- Exports wallets as STL
- Export keys as CSV-file for import into other software (for big batches)
- Set the configuration and let it generate millions of random wallets for you
- Support for other cryptocurrencies, including:
- Any other currency (as long as you know the version bit for address generation)
- Install pip
- Windows: download from their website
- Mac: install from MacPorts or Brew
- Linux (Ubuntu/Debian): sudo apt-get install python3-pip
- Install OpenSCAD
- Download from their website
- Make sure you are running their newest version (or at least OpenSCAD 2015)
- Contact us if you need help.
- Install our package
- Try: sudo pip3 install 3d-wallet-generator
- If it continues to fail, shoot us an email and we’ll try to help.
- Use our package
- Run 3dwallet -h to see your options
- Try the default settings by running 3dwallet - it will output five wallets, with the default settings, into a folder in your current directory.
- Play with the other settings and decide how your printer, CNC, etc. likes the different styles.
- Film it or take a picture, and give it to us! We’ll add it to our collection!
We recommend you run the Linux version off of a LiveUSB for maximum security (just as you would with a normal paper wallet).
- If you have any comments, questions, or feature requests, either submit an issue or contact us at email@example.com
- We always accept donations at 1MF7hKShzq2iSV9ZZ9hEx6ATnHQpFtM7cF!! Please donate, this project took a bunch of effort and we want to make sure it was worth it.
To Do / Features Coming Soon
- Add pictures
- Add option to import your own addresses/private keys
- Offset the white in the QR code (instead of just offsetting the black)
- If you want any of these developed faster, send us a gift to our donation address above.