Object-Oriented HTTP framework
Welcome to the GitHub repository of CherryPy!
CherryPy is a pythonic, object-oriented HTTP framework.
- It allows building web applications in much the same way one would build any other object-oriented program.
- This design results in more concise and readable code developed faster. It’s all just properties and methods.
- It is now more than ten years old and has proven fast and very stable.
- It is being used in production by many sites, from the simplest to the most demanding.
- And perhaps most importantly, it is fun to work with :-)
Here’s how easy it is to write “Hello World” in CherryPy:
import cherrypy class HelloWorld(object): @cherrypy.expose def index(self): return "Hello World!" cherrypy.quickstart(HelloWorld())
And it continues to work that intuitively when systems grow, allowing for the Python object model to be dynamically presented as a website and/or API.
While CherryPy is one of the easiest and most intuitive frameworks out there, the prerequisite for understanding the CherryPy documentation is that you have a general understanding of Python and web development. Additionally:
- Tutorials are included in the repository: https://github.com/cherrypy/cherrypy/tree/master/cherrypy/tutorial
- A general wiki at: https://github.com/cherrypy/cherrypy/wiki
If the docs are insufficient to address your needs, the CherryPy community has several avenues for support.
CherryPy is available as part of the Tidelift Subscription.
The CherryPy maintainers and the maintainers of thousands of other packages are working with Tidelift to deliver one enterprise subscription that covers all of the open source you use.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size CherryPy-18.6.1.tar.gz (692.7 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size CherryPy-18.6.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (419.9 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for CherryPy-18.6.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl