An open source server for the TAK family of applications.
Welcome to the FreeTakServer (FTS) git repository.
FTS is a Python3 implementation of the TAK Server for devices like ATAK, WinTAK, and ITAK, it is cross-platform and runs from a multi node installation on AWS down to the Android edition. It's free and open source (released under the Eclipse Public License).
For documentation on installation and usage visit our FreeTAKServer Documentation page
Supported Use cases
FTS allows you to connect ATAK clients to share geo information, to chat with all the connected clients, exchange files and more. It intends to support all the major use cases of the original TAK server.
- Web administration
- Federation Service (Connecting two or more FTS instances)
- Data Package upload, share with all connected users and retrieval
- Image transfer and storage
- COT recording in a database
- Execution of common task list (using the ExCheck plugin for WinTAK; ATAK plugin only available to users with takmaps.com access)
- SSL Encryption
- KML generation
- Command Line Interface
- Extensive REST API for intgrations and extensions
This code is currently in Production Stage. Check out our roadmap @FreeTakServer#25 to see what is planned Also subscribe to this feed to be automatically informed about PIP new versions: https://pypi.org/rss/project/freetakserver/releases.xml
If you have any issues don't hesitate to bring it up, as TAKFreeServer is in continuous development. To discuss with the developer team you may use:
the FTS team is working daily on the development of an open and free solution. We plan to do more than simply replicate the functionalities of the legacy TAK server, our road map includes integration with open source systems like LORA's Meshtastic, porting it to Android, having an open API, and much more.
We are doing it for free because we believe that donating personal time to a cause is an endeavour that is worthy per-se, However, we are also spending our own time and money to:
- Maintain a Public server and a test server
- Invest in different technologies for R&D
If you feel that FTS is useful to you and you can donate in those challenging times please consider contributing here: DONATE
You can also support the project by buying one of our t-shirts.
NOTE: not a big fan of Paypal, but that is the easiest way I found for an initial attempt. We may go to some more ethical system in future. Finally you can help the project by spamming FTS information, starring our repositories in github and Pip and upvoting us.
we support a public instance of FTS.
- download the configuration here
- use the Import manager in ATAK to import the configuration
- more details
Tell us what you think!
TAKFreeServer uses a MVC pattern, the concept of a COT (Cursor On Target) is described in a set of Domain classes, generated from the UML model using a Model Driven Architecture approach. Live version generated documentation of the COT description
OPEN SOURCE NOTICES
FTS was made possible by the following Open Source projects. We like to thank the following individuals and organization for providing crucial support and making FTS possible.
- Flask Dashboard Black by AppSeed
Our User docs, contains various documents including an UML model of the Domain classes involved in a COT event.
- Python 3.6 (or better)
following Python libraries are required and will be installed automatically by pip:
flask, lxml, pathlib, tabulate, sqlalchemy, setuptools, Flask-SQLAlchemy
Installing and using FreeTakServer
For documentation on installation visit the user docs
- Controllers: Contains FTS business Logic
- Models: Contains all the FTS object model
- Views: contains the access to FTS
- certs: code for secure connection
- Docs: Usefull documentation regarding COTS and different logs to understand how those are implemented
- Model: a UML model in Sparx EnterpriseArchitect format (see https://sparxsystems.com/products/ea/trial/request.html).
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size FreeTAKServer-1.9.8.tar.gz (197.4 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size FreeTAKServer-1.9.8-py3-none-any.whl (337.3 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for FreeTAKServer-1.9.8-py3-none-any.whl