Python wrapper module around the OpenSSL library
Note: The Python Cryptographic Authority strongly suggests the use of pyca/cryptography where possible. If you are using pyOpenSSL for anything other than making a TLS connection you should move to cryptography and drop your pyOpenSSL dependency.
High-level wrapper around a subset of the OpenSSL library. Includes
- SSL.Connection objects, wrapping the methods of Python’s portable sockets
- Callbacks written in Python
- Extensive error-handling mechanism, mirroring OpenSSL’s error codes
… and much more.
If you run into bugs, you can file them in our issue tracker.
We maintain a cryptography-dev mailing list for both user and development discussions.
You can also join #cryptography-dev on Freenode to ask questions or get involved.
- Removed deprecated ContextType, ConnectionType, PKeyType, X509NameType, X509ReqType, X509Type, X509StoreType, CRLType, PKCS7Type, PKCS12Type, and NetscapeSPKIType aliases. Use the classes without the Type suffix instead. #814
- The minimum cryptography version is now 2.8 due to issues on macOS with a transitive dependency. #875
- Deprecated OpenSSL.SSL.Context.set_npn_advertise_callback, OpenSSL.SSL.Context.set_npn_select_callback, and OpenSSL.SSL.Connection.get_next_proto_negotiated. ALPN should be used instead. #820
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pyOpenSSL-19.1.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (53.7 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size pyOpenSSL-19.1.0.tar.gz (160.5 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for pyOpenSSL-19.1.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl