Python wrapper module around the OpenSSL library
Note: The Python Cryptographic Authority strongly suggests the use of pyca/cryptography where possible. If you are using pyOpenSSL for anything other than making a TLS connection you should move to cryptography and drop your pyOpenSSL dependency.
High-level wrapper around a subset of the OpenSSL library. Includes
- SSL.Connection objects, wrapping the methods of Python’s portable sockets
- Callbacks written in Python
- Extensive error-handling mechanism, mirroring OpenSSL’s error codes
… and much more.
If you run into bugs, you can file them in our issue tracker.
We maintain a cryptography-dev mailing list for both user and development discussions.
You can also join #cryptography-dev on Freenode to ask questions or get involved.
- The minimum cryptography version is now 2.2.1.
- Support for Python 2.6 has been dropped.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|pyOpenSSL-18.0.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (53.1 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2.py3||May 16, 2018|
|pyOpenSSL-18.0.0.tar.gz (167.3 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||May 16, 2018|