AddRemoveWidget + ComboBoxWidget for Plone
AddRemoveWidget + ComboBoxWidget
by Martin Aspeli <firstname.lastname@example.org>
This is a replacement for KeywordWidget which permits you to add items from a vocabulary (and optionally new items) using a pair of selection boxes with “add” and “remove” buttons to transfer items between them. It overlaps in functionality with InAndOutWidget, but does not suffer from InAndOut’s requirement for all items in the “target” list to be selection upon form submission. I believe InAndOut does not allow textual items to be added by the user, though it does support adding of referenced objects, which AddRemove does not. You are advised to test both to find out which one is more suitable for your needs.
Optionally AddRemoveWidget supports keywords ordering.
Please see the docstring in AddRemoveWidget.py for a list of options you may pass to the widget to configure it.
You can also use the widget standalone, by defining a couple of variables (notably fieldName and vocabulary) and include the macro add_remove_box from widget_addremove.pt. See the comment in that file for details.
Also included is a ComboBoxWidget - it can be seen as supporting the same use case, when only one item may be selected. It presents a selection box from which to select a value, and a text box to enter an “other” value if none of the items in the list are sufficient.
Again, see the docstring in ComboBoxWidget.py, and the comment in widget_combobox.pt for details on how to use it within and outside Archetypes.
- Fix acquisition issue when used with PloneFormGen >= 1.7.19 [gotcha]
- Updated french and german translations [skaeser]
- Removed fuzzy markers from translation files [skaeser]
- Added Taiwanese translation file (zh-tw). [l34marr]
- Moved code to github: https://github.com/collective/Products.AddRemoveWidget [maurits]
- Moved from i18n to locales. [maurits]
- Added ordering support as an optional feature. [piv]
- Removed ‘unicodeTestIn’ call. This fixes #14. [jaroel/maerteijn]
- Add empty element to submitContainer when no items are selected. Fixes #13. [jaroel/maerteijn]
- Added |nothing to tabindex in template for not breaking Plone 4 when using comboboxwidget. [saily]
- Fixed similar problem in ComboboxWidget. See http://plone.org/products/addremovewidget/issues/4 [maurits]
- Fixed iteration over non-sequence in case of blank field, in combination with LinguaPlone. Patch by Izak Burger. See http://plone.org/products/addremovewidget/issues/12 [maurits]
- Fixed ASCII decode error by filtering the field vocabulary. See http://plone.org/products/addremovewidget/issues/10 [dunlapm]
- Rerelease as someone seems to have done a 1.4.1 egg release at the end of last year already. [maurits]
- Added |nothing to tabindex in template for not breaking Plone 4. [maartenkling]
- Removed old-style install, added profile, moved version to setup.py. [jensens]
1.4 - 2008-09-10
- Fixed error with duplication of entries in the Available column. This fixes issue #9. [dunlapm]
- Fixed the long-standing issue with non-ascii characters in terms gathered from the catalog. Proper vocabularies should be just that, proper vocabularies where the “id” of a term consists of ascii characters and the “value” can contain unicode. Check the Vocabulary class in Products.Archetypes for a reference. [dunlapm]
1.3 - 2008-07-03
- Removed unecessary style attribute on the combo box text field which broke rendering in IE 7. [fschulze]
1.2 - 2008-06-27
- Added logic for drop-in replacement of KeywordWidget [dunlapm]
1.1 - 2008-05-20
- Initial release