A new theme for Plone 3.0
NuPlone is a new theme for Plone 3.0 made by
NuPlone is a “taste of things to come”, as much as an example of how radically different a theme for Plone can look, using just CSS.
It’s a design exploration meant to inform the next-generation default Plone look, but it’s also usable in its own right.
In addition, it serves as a good example of advanced CSS styles in Plone:
- It is much cleaner and more compact than the old Plone CSS, which has grown to become quite bloated over the last 5 years. If you want to learn about CSS and Plone, this is a great starting point.
- It’s an example of a static layout as opposed to the fluid layout of default Plone.
- It is logically grouped and well-commented.
- It’s much smaller (~25K uncompressed!)
NuPlone is a bit different from the standard theme, and the following tweaks will help you get closer to what the designers intended:
- Add the search portlet as the topmost portlet in the left column.
- Turn off icon display in “Theme settings”.
Being a new theme, this hasn’t received the amount of testing and quality assurance that has gone into the default Plone theme over the years, so we suspect there are bugs in various browsers, especially in Internet Explorer.
It is also implemented on top of the standard table-for-layout setup in the default theme - please note that it’s easy to make this theme tableless if you should wish to do so. We have to ship something that is more robust in broken browsers like Internet Explorer by default, though.
If you find any bugs (or even better: solutions for these bugs), please report them in the “Plone issue tracker”, selecting ‘NuPlone theme’ as the component.
We hope you like it!
1.0b3 - January 12, 2008
- Put in workaround for IE6 background caching problem, closes https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7445, thanks cwainwright [calvinhp]
- Added missing metadata.xml to uninstall profile. [hannosch]
- Added uninstall profile and hooked to GS [MatthewWilkes]
- Removed DIYPloneStyle tests as they were almost all broken. Now tests install, CSS and JS entries, and uninstall, but not modifications to default views, etc. This is no loss as these tests didn’t work anyway, as they assumed a non-GS installation style. [MatthewWilkes]
- Installed nuplone.css with lower precedence than RTL.css after inserting RTL.css before ploneCustom.css. Added test to check for RTL.css precendence over nuplone.css. Closes http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7177 [emanlove]
- Moved info bar on portal message to the right for RTL. Closes http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/8140 [emanlove]
1.0b2 - April 21, 2008
- Resize images so they find in the content region (on modern browsers). [cornae]
1.0b1 - March 9, 2008
- Lots of changes [lots of people]
0.5 - Feb 25, 2007
- Added metadata.xml file to the profile. [hannosch]
- Tagged the first version to coincide with the Plone 3.0 beta release. [limi]
- Generated skeleton product from DIYPloneStyle 2.5. [generator]
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size Products.NuPlone-1.0b3.tar.gz (44.8 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|