Export File and Image fields from Plone content type to a FSS valid format
This product add a new Plone view (@@plone2fss), available everywhere in the site.
From ths view you can do two tasks described below.
Export site contents to filesystem
You can export the data of the Plone site to the filesystem in a format compatible with the FileSystemStorage (recently iw.fss) product.
The export procedure didn’t look at the current content’s storage, so this may help to change the storage strategy used with FileSystemStorage, but you can also export (for example) files that are stored in the ZODB, and images already stored using FileSystemStorage with flat strategy to the filesystem in a format compatible with the directory strategy.
This procedure DON’T touch the current storage of exported objects, so it’s safe!
All compatible data found in the subtree from the path where you called the view are exported. To export the whoe site, just call the view from the portal root.
You can also choose what content type store, but at the current developing state you can only limit the default ones (so you can decide to not export File because they already use FSS).
For ImageField fields (for Image and News Item contents) you can also add some other non-standard image format. Plone2FSS is stupid, so it try to export to all format listed, also if the format is available (for example) for Image content type but not for News Item.
This isn’t commonly a problem, but will generate empty directory with site1 strategy.
Change storage used
You can also migrate existing contents from AttributeStorage or AnnotationStorage to FileSystemStorage.
Again you can do this task only for a portion of the site, and limiting the portal type to act on. This will change your ZODB, so please please please… backup your data before!
To do this, change the configuration of Plone for use FSS on basic content type (you can use the redturtle.fss product to obtain this easily).
Storage strategy ‘site2’
Storage strategy site2 isn’t supported because at current time (iw.fss 2.7.6) it’s dangerous due to a bug.
Flat format is also bad, but we need it so we have implemented it.
To use Plone2FSS with Plone 2.5, download the source and copy the Plone2FSS directory inside the egg structure (Plone2FSS/Products/Plone2FSS) to the Products directory.
- Support also the site2 strategy (previous a forced enabling).
- Support for file and images fields that are not called ‘image’ and ‘file’.
- Need automated test, for Plone 2.5 and 3.
- Use Plone2FSS onto Plone 2.5 was not working.
- Supported the flat strategy (but you must not use it).
- Added portal types selection to export procedure, so you can choose what to export.
- Added portal types selection to the migrate to FSS procedure, so you can migrate only some contents.
- Fixed bug: the procedure fail if in an image field the user put a non-image content type.
- Added the selection of what image formats use during export.
- The filesystem output directory is now required (so you can’t flood the instance home anymore).
- Added a form to migrate content storages from AttributeStorage (or AttributeStorage) to FileSystemStorage
- Export to site1 was wrong for News Item content type.
0.2.0 - Unreleased
- Added support for site1 strategy.
0.1.0 - Unreleased
- Initial release.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size Products.Plone2FSS-0.4.0beta-py2.4.egg (18.0 kB)||File type Egg||Python version 2.4||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size Products.Plone2FSS-0.4.0beta.tar.gz (16.2 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for Products.Plone2FSS-0.4.0beta-py2.4.egg
Hashes for Products.Plone2FSS-0.4.0beta.tar.gz