Pylons Web Framework
The Pylons web framework is designed for building web applications and sites in an easy and concise manner. They can range from as small as a single Python module, to a substantial directory layout for larger and more complex web applications.
Pylons comes with project templates that help boot-strap a new web application project, or you can start from scratch and set things up exactly as desired.
from paste.httpserver import serve from pylons import Configurator, Response
- class Hello(object):
- def __init__(self, request):
- self.request = request
- def index(self):
- return Response(body=”Hello World!”)
- if __name__ == ‘__main__’:
- config = Configurator() config.begin() config.add_handler(‘home’, ‘/’, handler=Hello, action=’index’) config.end() serve(config.make_wsgi_app(), host=‘0.0.0.0’)
- A framework to make writing web applications in Python easy
- Utilizes a minimalist, component-based philosophy that makes it easy to expand on
- Harness existing knowledge about Python
- Extensible application design
- Fast and efficient, an incredibly small per-request call-stack providing top performance
- Uses existing and well tested Python packages
Pylons 1.0 series is stable and production ready, but in maintenance-only mode. The Pylons Project now maintains the Pyramid web framework for future development. Pylons 1.0 users should strongly consider using Pyramid for their next project.
Download and Installation
Pylons can be installed with Easy Install by typing:
> easy_install Pylons
Pylons development uses the git distributed version control system (DVCS) with GitHub hosting the main repository here:
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|Pylons-1.0.3-py2.py3-none-any.whl (147.7 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2.py3|
|Pylons-1.0.3.tar.gz (190.7 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|