SQLAlchemy extension for attaching images to entity objects
SQLAlchemy-ImageAttach is a SQLAlchemy extension for attaching images to entity objects. It provides the following features:
- Storage backend interface
- You can use file system backend on your local development box, and switch it to AWS S3 when it’s deployed to the production box. Or you can add a new backend implementation by yourself.
- Maintaining multple image sizes
- Any size of thumbnails can be generated from the original size without assuming the fixed set of sizes. You can generate a thumbnail of a particular size if it doesn’t exist yet when the size is requested. Use RRS (Reduced Redundancy Storage) for reproducible thumbnails on S3.
- Every image has its URL
- Attached images can be exposed as a URL.
- SQLAlchemy transaction aware
- Saved file are removed when the ongoing transaction has been rolled back.
- Tested on various environments
- Python versions: Python 2.6, 2.7, PyPy.
- DBMS: PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite