A Python Package of A3COSMOS Astronomical Data and Catalog Utilities.
A simple introduction:
This Python package contains some useful functions to query A3COSMOS catalog and make cutout images.
It is currently under development.
A simple usage:
- To query source by RA Dec coordinate::
- import a3cosmos as a3c a3cosmos.find_source(RA = 150.0, Dec = 2.0)
- To make a cutout image centered at a source RA Dec coordinate::
- import a3cosmos as a3c a3cosmos.make_cutout(RA = 150.0, Dec = 2.0, FoV = 10, Band=’Ks’) # Note that this is currently not working for ALMA images because our data are still waiting to be released on COSMOS IRSA website.
- More functions underway::
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.