A data algebra library
What Is It?
algebraixlib is a library that provides constructs and facilities to harness the fundamentals of data algebra. Data algebra consists of mathematical constructs that can represent all data, no matter how it is structured, and the operations on that data. With this, all the advantages of a mathematically rigorous modeling can be unleashed. See also A Beginner’s Introduction to Data Algebra.
- Make sure you have the required versions of Python and Jupyter Notebook installed (see Requirements below).
- Install the algebraixlib library (see How to Install below).
- Download the examples from our GitHub repository.
- Try the Hello_World.ipynb example first.
(Alternatively, you can also look at a static version of the notebooks in nbviewer; see the README file in our examples directory for direct links. For this you don’t need to install or download anything. You can also start with the simpler hello_world.py. However, you’ll lose out on some math and need to read up on it in our documentation at Read the Docs. )
Documentation and Support
- Find documentation at Read the Docs.
- Find the pip installer on PyPI.
- Find the source code, the bugtracker and contribute on GitHub.
- Find tutorials and example code in the examples directory on GitHub.
- Post questions about algebraixlib on Stack Overflow using the tag [algebraixlib].
- Post questions about the mathematics of data algebra on math.stackexchange using the tag [data-algebra].
- Contact us by email.
- Python: Tested with 3.6.1. Likely to run with Python 3.6.x and later. It may run with earlier
Python 3 versions, but you may run into issues. Does not run with any version of Python before
- For installing and using multiple versions of Python on the same machine, see Official multiple python versions on the same machine? (Stack Overflow), How to install both Python 2.x and Python 3.x in Windows 7 (Stack Overflow) and A Python Launcher For Windows (Python Insider).
- Jupyter Notebook: Tested with Jupyter 5.2 (used in the Jupyter notebook tutorials and examples).
How to Install
If you already have Python installed and are familiar with installing packages, you can install algebraixlib with pip:
> pip install algebraixlib
Additional user permissions may be necessary to complete the installation. In such a situation, other options include installing the package for a single user (in the user’s home directory):
> pip install algebraixlib --user <username>
or in a virtual environment (see Creation of virtual environments).
You can also manually download algebraixlib from GitHub or PyPI. To install from a download, unpack it and run the following command from the top-level source directory (the directory that contains the file setup.py):
> python setup.py install
(The same considerations about permissions apply.)
The unit tests require the following libraries to be installed:
> mkdir algebraixlib-test > cd algebraixlib-test > svn export https://github.com/AlgebraixData/algebraixlib/trunk/runtests.py > svn export https://github.com/AlgebraixData/algebraixlib/trunk/test > python runtests.py
The documentation build requires the following libraries be installed:
- Sphinx (1.3.2 or later)
> mkdir algebraixlib > cd algebraixlib > svn export https://github.com/AlgebraixData/algebraixlib/trunk > cd trunk/docs > python build.py
Copyright(c) 2017 Algebraix Data Corporation.
algebraixlib is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of version 3 of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation. A copy of the GNU Lesser General Public License is published along with algebraixlib on GitHub. Otherwise, see GNU licenses.
algebraixlib is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Lesser General Public License for more details.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|algebraixlib-1.4-py3-none-any.whl (109.7 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py3|
|algebraixlib-1.4.tar.gz (100.5 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|