Python graph (network) package
altgraph is a fork of graphlib: a graph (network) package for constructing graphs, BFS and DFS traversals, topological sort, shortest paths, etc. with graphviz output.
altgraph includes some additional usage of Python 2.3+ features and enhancements related to modulegraph and macholib.
This is a minor feature release. The major new feature is a extensive set of unittests, which explains almost all other changes in this release.
- Installing failed with Python 2.5 due to using a distutils class that isn’t available in that version of Python (issue #1 on the issue tracker)
- altgraph.GraphStat.degree_dist now actually works
- altgraph.Graph.add_edge(a, b, create_nodes=False) will no longer create the edge when one of the nodes doesn’t exist.
- altgraph.Graph.forw_topo_sort failed for some sparse graphs.
- altgraph.Graph.back_topo_sort was completely broken in previous releases.
- altgraph.Graph.forw_bfs_subgraph now actually works.
- altgraph.Graph.back_bfs_subgraph now actually works.
- altgraph.Graph.iterdfs now returns the correct result when the forward argument is False.
- altgraph.Graph.iterdata now returns the correct result when the forward argument is False.
- The altgraph.Graph constructor now accepts an argument that contains 2- and 3-tuples instead of requireing that all items have the same size. The (optional) argument can now also be any iterator.
- altgraph.Graph.Graph.add_node has no effect when you add a hidden node.
- The private method altgraph.Graph._bfs is no longer present.
- The private method altgraph.Graph._dfs is no longer present.
- altgraph.ObjectGraph now has a __contains__ methods, which means you can use the in operator to check if a node is part of a graph.
- altgraph.GraphUtil.generate_random_graph will raise GraphError instead of looping forever when it is impossible to create the requested graph.
- altgraph.Dot.edge_style raises GraphError when one of the nodes is not present in the graph. The method silently added the tail in the past, but without ensuring a consistent graph state.
- altgraph.Dot.save_img now works when the mode is "neato".
This is a minor bugfix release
- distutils didn’t include the documentation subtree
This is a minor feature release
- Documentation is now generated using sphinx and can be viewed at <http://packages.python.org/altgraph>.
- The repository has moved to bitbucket
- altgraph.GraphStat.avg_hops is no longer present, the function had no implementation and no specified behaviour.
- the module altgraph.compat is gone, which means altgraph will no longer work with Python 2.3.
This is a minor feature release.
Support for Python 3
It is now possible to run tests using ‘python setup.py test’
(The actual testsuite is still very minimal though)