Source Code: http://www.github.com/enthought/apptools
The apptools project includes a set of packages that Enthought has found useful in creating a number of applications. They implement functionality that is commonly needed by many applications
- apptools.io: Provides an abstraction for files and folders in a file system.
- apptools.logger: Convenience functions for creating logging handlers
- apptools.naming: Manages naming contexts, supporting non-string data types and scoped preferences
- apptools.persistence: Supports pickling the state of a Python object to a dictionary, which can then be flexibly applied in restoring the state of the object.
- apptools.preferences: Manages application preferences.
- apptools.selection: Manages the communication between providers and listener of selected items in an application.
- apptools.scripting: A framework for automatic recording of Python scripts.
- apptools.undo: Supports undoing and scripting application commands.
All packages in apptools require:
Certain sub-packages within apptools have their own specific dependencies, which are optional for apptools overall.
The apptools.preferences package requires:
The apptools.io.h5 package requires:
The apptools.persistence package requires:
Many of the packages provide optional user interfaces using Pyface and Traitsui. In additon, many of the packages are designed to work with the Envisage plug-in system, althought most can be used independently:
To install with apptools.preferences dependencies:
$ pip install apptools[preferences]
To install with apptools.io.h5 dependencies:
$ pip install apptools[h5]
To install with apptools.persistence dependencies:
$ pip install apptools[persistence]
To install with additional test dependencies:
$ pip install apptools[test]
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.