Microsoft Azure Batch Client Library for Python
Microsoft Azure SDK for Python
This is the Microsoft Azure Batch Client Library.
This package has been tested with Python 2.7, 3.3, 3.4 and 3.5.
IMPORTANT: If you have an earlier version of the azure package (version < 1.0), you should uninstall it before installing this package.
You can check the version using pip:
If you see azure==0.11.0 (or any version below 1.0), uninstall it first:
pip uninstall azure
For code examples, see the Batch samples repo on GitHub.
If you encounter any bugs or have suggestions, please file an issue in the Issues section of the project.
- Added a new operation job.get_task_counts to retrieve the number of tasks in each state.
- Added suuport for inbound endpoint configuration on a pool - there is a new pool_endpoint_configuration attribute on NetworkConfiguration. This property is only supported on pools that use virtual_machine_configuration.
- A ComputeNode now also has an endpoint_configuration attribute with the details of the applied endpoint configuration for that node.
- Added support for the new low-priority node type; AddPoolParameter and PoolSpecification now have an additional property target_low_priority_nodes.
- target_dedicated and current_dedicated on CloudPool, AddPoolParameter and PoolSpecification have been renamed to target_dedicated_nodes and current_dedicated_nodes.
- resize_error on CloudPool is now a collection called resize_errors.
- Added a new is_dedicated property on ComputeNode, which is false for low-priority nodes.
- Added a new allow_low_priority_node property to JobManagerTask, which if true allows the JobManagerTask to run on a low-priority compute node.
- PoolResizeParameter now takes two optional parameters, target_dedicated_nodes and target_low_priority_nodes, instead of one required parameter target_dedicated. At least one of these two parameters must be specified.
- Added support for uploading task output files to persistent storage, via the OutputFiles property on CloudTask and JobManagerTask.
- Added support for specifying actions to take based on a task’s output file upload status, via the file_upload_error property on ExitConditions.
- Added support for determining if a task was a success or a failure via the new result property on all task execution information objects.
- Renamed scheduling_error on all task execution information objects to failure_information. TaskFailureInformation replaces TaskSchedulingError and is returned any time there is a task failure. This includes all previous scheduling error cases, as well as nonzero task exit codes, and file upload failures from the new output files feature.
- Renamed SchedulingErrorCategory enum to ErrorCategory.
- Renamed scheduling_error on ExitConditions to pre_processing_error to more clearly clarify when the error took place in the task life-cycle.
- Added support for provisioning application licenses to your pool, via a new application_licenses property on PoolAddParameter, CloudPool and PoolSpecification. Please note that this feature is in gated public preview, and you must request access to it via a support ticket.
- The ssh_private_key attribute of a UserAccount object has been replaced with an expanded LinuxUserConfiguration object with additional settings for a user ID and group ID of the user account.
- Removed unmapped enum state from AddTaskStatus, CertificateFormat, CertificateVisibility, CertStoreLocation, ComputeNodeFillType, OSType, and PoolLifetimeOption as they were not ever used.
- Improved and clarified documentation.
- This wheel package is now built with the azure wheel extension
- AAD token authentication now supported.
- Some operation names have changed (along with their associated parameter model classes): * pool.list_pool_usage_metrics -> pool.list_usage_metrics * pool.get_all_pools_lifetime_statistics -> pool.get_all_lifetime_statistics * job.get_all_jobs_lifetime_statistics -> job.get_all_lifetime_statistics * file.get_node_file_properties_from_task -> file.get_properties_from_task * file.get_node_file_properties_from_compute_node -> file.get_properties_from_compute_node
- The attribute ‘file_name’ in relation to file operations has been renamed to ‘file_path’.
- Change in naming convention for enum values to use underscores: e.g. StartTaskState.waitingforstarttask -> StartTaskState.waiting_for_start_task.
- Support for running tasks under a predefined or automatic user account. This includes tasks, job manager tasks, job preparation and release tasks and pool start tasks. This feature replaces the previous ‘run_elevated’ option on a task.
- Tasks now have an optional scoped authentication token (only applies to tasks and job manager tasks).
- Support for creating pools with a list of user accounts.
- Support for creating pools using a custom VM image (only supported on accounts created with a “User Subscription” pool allocation mode).
- Added support for task reactivation
- Added support for joining a CloudPool to a virtual network on using the network_configuration property.
- Added support for application package references on CloudTask and JobManagerTask.
- Added support for automatically terminating jobs when all tasks complete or when a task fails, via the on_all_tasks_complete property and the CloudTask exit_conditions property.
- Initial Release
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|File Name & Checksum SHA256 Checksum Help||Version||File Type||Upload Date|
|azure_batch-3.1.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (289.8 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||py2.py3||Wheel||Jul 24, 2017|
|azure-batch-3.1.0.zip (300.0 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||–||Source||Jul 24, 2017|