Microsoft Azure Service Bus Client Library for Python
Microsoft Azure Service Bus SDK for Python
This is the Microsoft Azure Service Bus Client Library. This package has been tested with Python 2.7, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6 and 3.7.
Microsoft Azure Service Bus supports a set of cloud-based, message-oriented middleware technologies including reliable message queuing and durable publish/subscribe messaging.
What’s new in v0.50.1?
As of version 0.50.1 a new AMQP-based API is available for sending and receiving messages. This update involves breaking changes. Please read Migration from 0.21.1 to 0.50.1 to determine if upgrading is right for you at this time.
The new AMQP-based API offers improved message passing reliability, performance and expanded feature support going forward. The new API also offers support for asynchronous operations (based on asyncio) for sending, receiving and handling messages.
For documentation on the legacy HTTP-based operations please see Using HTTP-based operations of the legacy API.
pip install azure-servicebus
Migration from 0.21.1 to 0.50.1
Major breaking changes were introduced in version 0.50.1. The original HTTP-based API is still available in v0.50.1 - however it now exists under a new namesapce: azure.servicebus.control_client.
Should I upgrade?
The new package (v0.50.1) offers no improvements in HTTP-based operations over v0.21.1. The HTTP-based API is identical except that it now exists under a new namespace. For this reason if you only wish to use HTTP-based operations (create_queue, delete_queue etc) - there will be no additional benefit in upgrading at this time.
How do I migrate my code to the new version?
Code written against v0.21.0 can be ported to version 0.50.1 by simply changing the import namespace:
# from azure.servicebus import ServiceBusService <- This will now raise an ImportError from azure.servicebus.control_client import ServiceBusService key_name = 'RootManageSharedAccessKey' # SharedAccessKeyName from Azure portal key_value = '' # SharedAccessKey from Azure portal sbs = ServiceBusService(service_namespace, shared_access_key_name=key_name, shared_access_key_value=key_value)
For reference documentation and code snippets see Service Bus on docs.microsoft.com.
If you encounter any bugs or have suggestions, please file an issue in the Issues section of the project.
- Added support for delivery tag lock tokens
- Fixed bug where Message would pass through invalid kwargs on init when attempting to thread through subject.
- Increments UAMQP dependency min version to 1.2.5, to include a set of fixes, including handling of large messages and mitigation of segfaults.
- Fixed bug where enqueued_time and scheduled_enqueue_time of message being parsed as local timestamp rather than UTC.
- Introduces new AMQP-based API.
- Original HTTP-based API still available under new namespace: azure.servicebus.control_client
- For full API changes, please see updated reference documentation.
Within the new namespace, the original HTTP-based API from version 0.21.1 remains unchanged (i.e. no additional features or bugfixes) so for those intending to only use HTTP operations - there is no additional benefit in updating at this time.
- New API supports message send and receive via AMQP with improved performance and stability.
- New asynchronous APIs (using asyncio) for send, receive and message handling.
- Support for message and session auto lock renewal via background thread or async operation.
- Now supports scheduled message cancellation.
This wheel package is now built with the azure wheel extension
- str messages are now accepted in Python 3 and will be encoded in ‘utf-8’ (will not raise TypeError anymore)
- broker_properties can now be defined as a dict, and not only a JSON str. datetime, int, float and boolean are converted.
- #902 add send_topic_message_batch operation (takes an iterable of messages)
- #902 add send_queue_message_batch operation (takes an iterable of messages)
- #820 the code is now more robust to unexpected changes on the SB RestAPI
- #547 Add get dead letter path static methods to Python
- #513 Add renew lock
- #628 Fix custom properties with double quotes
- New header in Rest API which breaks the SDK #658 #657
- Create a requests.Session() if the user doesn’t pass one in.
Initial release of this package, from the split of the azure package. See the azure package release note for 1.0.0 for details and previous history on Service Bus.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size azure_servicebus-0.50.2-py2.py3-none-any.whl (88.8 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size azure-servicebus-0.50.2.zip (98.8 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for azure_servicebus-0.50.2-py2.py3-none-any.whl