Microsoft Azure client APIs
Microsoft Azure SDK for Python
This project provides a set of Python packages that make it easy to access the Microsoft Azure components such as ServiceManagement, Storage, and ServiceBus.
The SDK supports Python 2.7, 3.3, 3.4.
- create and delete tables
- create, query, insert, update, merge, and delete entities
- create, list, and delete containers, work with container metadata and permissions, list blobs in container
- create block and page blobs (from a stream, a file, or a string), work with blob blocks and pages, delete blobs
- work with blob properties, metadata, leases, snapshot a blob
- Storage Queues
- create, list, and delete queues, and work with queue metadata
- create, get, peek, update, delete messages
- Service Bus
- Queues: create, list and delete queues; create, list, and delete subscriptions; send, receive, unlock and delete messages
- Topics: create, list, and delete topics; create, list, and delete rules
- Service Management
- storage accounts: create, update, delete, list, regenerate keys
- affinity groups: create, update, delete, list, get properties
- locations: list
- hosted services: create, update, delete, list, get properties
- deployment: create, get, delete, swap, change configuration, update status, upgrade, rollback
- role instance: reboot, reimage
- discover addresses and ports for the endpoints of other role instances in your service
- get configuration settings and access local resources
- get role instance information for current role and other role instances
- query and set the status of the current role
To install via the Python Package Index (PyPI), type:
pip.exe install azure
Download Source Code
To get the source code of the SDK via git type:
git clone https://github.com/Azure/azure-sdk-for-python.git cd azure-sdk-for-python python setup.py install
For detailed documentation, please view our documentation on ReadTheDocs
For further examples please visit the Microsoft Azure Python Developer Center
Be sure to check out the Microsoft Azure Developer Forums on Stack Overflow if you have trouble with the provided code.
Contribute Code or Provide Feedback
If you would like to become an active contributor to this project please follow the instructions provided in Microsoft Azure Projects Contribution Guidelines.
If you encounter any bugs with the library please file an issue in the Issues section of the project.