BibTeX replacement and enhancement
Project DescriptionRelease History Download Files
Bibulous provides a flexible way of accomplishing the same tasks as BibTeX, and going beyond it in capability. The advantages include:
- Fully internationalized: Bibulous can use bibliography databases and bibliography style files written in any language.
- Simple and powerful customization: style templates are an ideal way of visualizing and manipulating bibliography styles. There is no need to learn BibTeX’s arcane stack-based language in order to build or customize a bibliography style.
- Multilingual capability: templates are largely language agnostic, so that multilingual bibliographies can be achieved almost effortlessly.
- Users can build glossaries, lists of symbols, and lists of acronyms using the same infrastructure as used for bibliographies.
- Sorting of citations is fully localized and has no difficulty in dealing with strings that contain Unicode, LaTeX-markup characters for non-English languages, or even mathematics markup.
This version requires Python 2.7 or later.