- Less than 5 minutes:
- Download & install Java
- Download & install Elastic Search
- bin/elasticsearch -f
- Step by Step for Ubuntu:
- add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/java
- apt-get update
- apt-get install git curl oracle-java7-installer
- curl -O https://download.elasticsearch.org/elasticsearch/elasticsearch/elasticsearch-1.3.4.tar.gz
- tar xfvz elasticsearch-1.3.4.deb
- cd elasticsearch
- bin/elasticsearch -f &
- Does it work?
- curl http://localhost:9200/
- Do you see the Hudsucker Proxy reference? “You Know, for Search”
- Use Elastic Search in Plone:
- Add collective.elasticsearch to eggs & re-run buildout
- Restart Plone
- Goto Control Panel
- Add “Eleastic Search” in Add-on Products
- Click “Elastic Search” in “Add-on Configuration”
- Click “Convert Catalog”
- Click “Rebuild Catalog”
You now have a insanely scalable modern search engine. Now live the life of the Mind!
This package aims to index all fields the portal_catalog indexes and allows you to delete the Title, Description and SearchableText indexes which can provide significant improvement to performance and RAM usage.
Then, ElasticSearch queries are ONLY used when Title, Description and SearchableText text are in the query. Otherwise, the plone’s default catalog will be used. This is because Plone’s default catalog is faster on normal queries than using ElasticSearch.
Only works on Plone 5 with Dexterity types.
Deployed with Elasticsearch 1.3.4, might work with other versions
Support for all index column types is done EXCEPT for the DateRecurringIndex index column type. If you are doing a full text search along with a query that contains a DateRecurringIndex column, it will not work.
This package comes with Celery support where all indexing operations will be pushed into celery to be run asynchronously.
Please see instructions for collective.celery to see how this works.
- connection string
- elasticsearch connection string
- What mode to put elasticsearch into(default disabled)
- auto flush
- if after every index, flush should be performed. If on, things are always updated at a cost of performance.
- Custom Similarity
- provide better search query [vangheem]
- make sure to get alias definition right [vangheem]
- create index as an alias so you can potentially work on an existing alias without needing downtime [vangheem]
- change default sorting to descending. Closes: https://github.com/collective/collective.elasticsearch/issues/12 [neilferreira]
- Initial release