elasticsearch integration with plone
See the full documentation on readthedocs.
- Less than 5 minutes:
- Download & install Java
- Download & install Elastic Search
- Step by Step for Ubuntu:
- add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/java
- apt-get update
- apt-get install git curl oracle-java7-installer
- curl -O https://download.elasticsearch.org/elasticsearch/elasticsearch/elasticsearch-2.4.3.tar.gz
- tar xfvz elasticsearch-2.4.3.tar.gz
- cd elasticsearch
- bin/elasticsearch &
- Does it work?
- curl http://localhost:9200/
- Do you see the Hudsucker Proxy reference? “You Know, for Search”
- Use Elastic Search in Plone:
- Add collective.elasticsearch to eggs & re-run buildout
- Restart Plone
- Goto Control Panel
- Add “Eleastic Search” in Add-on Products
- Click “Elastic Search” in “Add-on Configuration”
- Click “Convert Catalog”
- Click “Rebuild Catalog”
You now have a insanely scalable modern search engine. Now live the life of the Mind!
This package aims to index all fields the portal_catalog indexes and allows you to delete the Title, Description and SearchableText indexes which can provide significant improvement to performance and RAM usage.
Then, ElasticSearch queries are ONLY used when Title, Description and SearchableText text are in the query. Otherwise, the plone’s default catalog will be used. This is because Plone’s default catalog is faster on normal queries than using ElasticSearch.
Only tested with Plone 5 with Dexterity types.
It should also work with Plone 4.3 and archetypes.
Deployed with Elasticsearch 2.4.3
Support for all index column types is done EXCEPT for the DateRecurringIndex index column type. If you are doing a full text search along with a query that contains a DateRecurringIndex column, it will not work.
This package comes with Celery support where all indexing operations will be pushed into celery to be run asynchronously.
Please see instructions for collective.celery to see how this works.
- Custom Similarity
- Running indexing as admin as it is possible to initiate reindex or index on an object that you do not have permissions for [vangheem]
- Add a method to set the body of the request during index creation. [Gagaro]
- Fixed get brain in lazy list with negative indexes. [thomasdesvenain]
- The list of indexes that forces es search is configurable. [thomasdesvenain]
- Works under Plone 4.3. [thomasdesvenain]
- Works with archetypes contents. [thomasdesvenain]
- We can pass a custom results factory and custom query parameters to IElasticSearchCatalog.search() method. So we can use it as a public interface for custom needs. [thomasdesvenain]
- Prevent from unindex before reindex when uid is unchanged, for instance at rename. Use a set for to-remove list. [thomasdesvenain]
- Fix indexing when removing the Title and Description indexes from Plone [vangheem]
- upgrade to elasticsearch 2.x [vangheem]
- provide better search query [vangheem]
- make sure to get alias definition right [vangheem]
- create index as an alias so you can potentially work on an existing alias without needing downtime [vangheem]
- change default sorting to descending. Closes: https://github.com/collective/collective.elasticsearch/issues/12 [neilferreira]
- Initial release
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|collective.elasticsearch-2.0.0a5.tar.gz (40.8 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Mar 29, 2017|