Provides folderish types as a replacement for some ATContentTypes
Provides the types “Folderish Event”, “Folderish News Item” and “Folderish Document” as replacements for their ATContentTypes equivalents. Those types are able to hold any other content, like a Folder.
There is a “portlet” profile, which installs a portlet to show the contents of an folderish type.
You can limit the types, which can be added to FolderishTypes by providing a Generic Setup import type configuration.
The reason for this package is, that in my experience it’s easier to group related content together at one place. An article about something fancy might have an image gallery associated with it as well as some pdf-downloads. With this package you can put everyting inside the article. Another use case is that you can structure content hierarchically and don’t need to define “default pages” - a concept hard to understand and handle (see: http://www.sixfeetup.com/blog/plone-vs.-drupal-core-features-comparison )
Alexander Limi also wished folderish content back in 2008: “#10: Content re-use is overrated — people like folderish” http://limi.net/articles/18-things-i-wish-were-true-about-plone/
UPGRADE ISSUE WITH MISSING VIEWLET
If you have any issues with collective.folderishtypes after a upgrade, it might come from the now missing collective.folderishtypes.folderish_listing_viewlet. For now, please remove it manually via @@manage-viewlets.
- Depend on z3c.jbot, so that overriding folder_listing and folder_summary_view might also work at IPloneSite root.
- Write tests
- if appropriate: remove portlet and recomment the use of https://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/collective.portlet.localcontents/
- CSS fix [rnix]
- Removed folderish=True when finalizing the schema, which prevented relateditems from being displayed. Updated import to plone.app.folder. [agitator]
- Fix meta types in FTI to follow consistent conventions. [rnixx]
- For Folderish Event, use plone.app.event’s ATEvent implementation if available. [thet]
- Add a custom style class for the contextual contents portlet based on the portlet’s name. [thet]
- Add a contextual contents portlet, which shows the contents of folderish types in a portlet. [thet]
- No Changes, release as 1.0 final. [thet]
- Updated documentation: Missing viewlet issue. [thet]
- Locales Update. [thet]
- Add types to image_types in portal_atct to allow image scale recreation. [thet]
- Add HistroyAwareMixin and configure types to be versionable. [thet]
- Remove folderish_listing_viewlet, since there is already a portlet which can be used. [thet]
- Include CSS via link instead of import, which can then be better processed by XML manipulation tools like Deliverance or Diazo. [thet]
- More explicit content-icons background styles which don’t override background-color. [thet]
- Use plone.app.imaging scales - apply a schema patch to FolderishNewsItem. [thet]
- Fixed traversing to image scales for FolderishNewsItem. Subclasses should implement __bobo_traverse__ too. [thet]
- Add rolemap.xml for generic setup to have proper configured permissions. [thet]
- Make portlet registration optional and register portlets only for folderish types. [thet]
- Updated folder_listing.pt and folder_summary_view.pt to current Plone trunk. [thet]
- Initial release