GenericSetup profiles for plone.app.theming
collective.themesitesetup can automatically import one embedded set of generic setup steps during theme activation and another one (so called uninstall profile) when theme is deactivated. Yet, also additionals ets can be embedded and imported manually.
See it activating theme site setup at: https://youtu.be/3vkrc7JFUU0
Note: Due to regression in the plugin support in plone.app.theming, the automatic import of setup steps require a currently (as of 2015-04-04) unreleased version with one of the fixing pull requests merged (1, 2, 3).
Simply include this package into your Plone site buildout by following the official instructions. This add-on doesn’t require other activation, but, of course, requires plone.app.theming to be activated.
This plugin is enabled for any theme by simply adding the following line into theme’s manifest.cfg:
By default, this looks for the setup steps to be imported during activation from theme’s install-subdirectory and the steps to be imported during deactivation from theme’s uninstall-subdirectory. If such directory does not exist, this plugin simply does not import any steps.
The default lookup directories can be customized by overriding the defaults with custom values in theme’s manifest.cfg:
[theme:genericsetup] install = my-install uninstall = my-uninstall
This plugin can also be disabled at any time simply by adding the line disabled = true into plugin’s configuration in theme’s manifest.cfg:
[theme:genericsetup] disabled = true
Exporting the site setup
This plugin provides helper forms for exporting the current site setup into a through-the-web created (writable) theme and importing that site setup manually from the theme folder.
The export form is registered for the theme resource directory as @@export-site-setup and the import form as @@import-site-setup.
The export form is useful for creating the initial site setup into the theme directory. Simply
- Create a new theme from Theming control panel
- Go to the export form URL, e.g. http://localhost:8080/Plone/++theme++my-theme/@@export-site-setup:
- Choose the steps you wish to export and click Export.
Editing the site setup
The site setup steps can be edited like any theme file through the theme editor:
Note: Because the theme editor hides all dotfiles, files starting with a dot must be renamed to end with .dotfile (and to not start with a dot).
Importing the setup
By default, this plugin is configured import setup steps from a directory install whenever the theme is activated, and steps from a directory uninstall, when the theme is deactivated. Both, install and uninstall step directory can be changed in the plugin configuration.
In addition, it’s possible to import the embedded steps manually using the import setup form. Simply
- Go to the import form URL for your theme, e.g. http://localhost:8080/Plone/++theme++my-theme/@@import-site-setup:
- Choose the steps you wish to import and click Import.
Better site structure export and import
This package includes optional enhancements for the default Plone site structure export and import.
The enhancements include:
- support for News Item contents
- support for Zope Page Templates
- support for Python Scripts
- support for exporting tagged hidden folders (like portal_skins/custom)
The enhancements can be activated by including a special component configuration file in your Plone buildout’s instance parts with:
[instance] ... zcml = collective.themesitesetup-extras
ZMI-only content, which is hidden in Plone (folders like portal_skins) can be included in the export by tagging the folders in ZMI interface tab with a special marker interface:
PageTemplates and PythonScripts can only be exported when they are located in a ZMI-only container with this marker interface. So, if you’d like to export contents in portal_skins/custom, you should add one marker for portal_skins and the other for custom.
This is only required when exporting ZMI-only content. Importing ZMI-only content works according to normal structure import rules without these marker interfaces.
- Move custom GS import export adapters to external configuration [datakurre]
- Fix to register setup forms for p.a.theming layer [datakurre]
- Update README [datakurre]
- Add site setup import view to allow testing or manual upgrading of site setups [datakurre]
- Add option to disable setup steps import via plugin configuration variable in theme manifest (either with enabled = false or disabled = true) [datakurre]
- Add GS content export support to include non-CMF-containers marked with collective.themesitesetup.interfaces.IGenericSetupExportableContainer [datakurre]
- Add GS content export/import to support non-CMF-containers, PythonScripts and PageTemplates. [datakurre]
- First release.
Release history Release notifications
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size collective.themesitesetup-0.12.0.tar.gz (18.5 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for collective.themesitesetup-0.12.0.tar.gz