Human readable captcha for z3cform
Table of Contents
- Usage as a plone.app.discussion (Plone Discussions) captcha plugin
- Usage in a z3c form
- Usage as a macro in a custom form
- Possible problems
- Source code
- How to contribute and submit a patch ?
collective.z3cform.norobots provides a “human” captcha widget based on a list of question/answer(s).
This captcha can be used :
- as a plone.app.discussion (Plone Discussions) captcha plugin
- as a z3c form field
- as a macro in a custom form
- as a PloneFormGen field with collective.pfg.norobots
The widget is based on z3c.form.TextWidget.
Since version 1.4, questions configuration uses a dedicated control panel (using plone.app.registry) instead of a simple properties sheet. An upgrade step provides migration from earlier versions.
Interface is translated in the following languages: Czech [cs], Danish [da], German [de], Basque [eu], Spanish [es], Suomeksi [fi], French [fr], Dutch [nl], Simplified Chinese [zh_CN], Italian [it] and Russian [ru].
I have tested this release with Plone 4.3.10, Plone 5.0.5.
See previous releases for old Plone versions.
Add collective.z3cform.norobots to your plone.recipe.zope2instance buildout section e.g.:
[instance] ... eggs = Plone ... collective.z3cform.norobots ... zcml = ... collective.z3cform.norobots
Or, you can add it as a dependency on your own product setup.py:
install_requires=[ ... 'collective.z3cform.norobots', ],
In the Addons control panel, install “Norobots captcha field (collective.z3cform.norobots)”.
In the “Norobots widget settings” control panel, add a new line in the field “Norobots question::answer”:
your_question::the_answer Example : What is 10 + 12 ?::22
Answer can contain multiple values delimited by semicolon:
your_question::the_answer;another_answer Example : What is 5 + 5 ?::10;ten
Download collective.z3cform.norobots and use virtualenv and buildout to test the module:
easy_install virtualenv cd collective.z3cform.norobots virtualenv . source bin/activate (collective.z3cform.norobots) easy_install zc.buildout !!! check the buildout config file ``test-plone-base.cfg`` before running !!! (collective.z3cform.norobots) ln -s test-plone-5.0.x.cfg buildout.cfg (collective.z3cform.norobots) python bootstrap.py (collective.z3cform.norobots) bin/buildout [...] be patient... [...] (collective.z3cform.norobots) ./bin/instance fg
Go to http://localhost:8080, add a new Plone Site and install collective.z3cform.norobots (see above).
(collective.z3cform.norobots) pip install unittest2 (collective.z3cform.norobots) ./bin/test -s collective.z3cform.norobots
Launch code coverage:
(collective.z3cform.norobots) bin/coverage (collective.z3cform.norobots) bin/report And open with a browser htmlcov/index.html
In the Discussion control panel, activate anonymous comments then select “Norobots” for the captcha. This enable the captcha for anonymous users.
You can use this widget setting the “widgetFactory” property of a form field:
from zope import interface, schema from z3c.form import interfaces, form, field, button, validator from plone.app.z3cform.layout import wrap_form from collective.z3cform.norobots.i18n import MessageFactory as _ from collective.z3cform.norobots.widget import NorobotsFieldWidget from collective.z3cform.norobots.validator import NorobotsValidator class INorobotsForm(interface.Interface): norobots = schema.TextLine(title=_(u'Are you a human ?'), description=_(u'In order to avoid spam, please answer the question below.'), required=True) class NorobotsForm(form.Form): fields = field.Fields(INorobotsForm) fields['norobots'].widgetFactory = NorobotsFieldWidget # wrap the form with plone.app.z3cform's Form wrapper NorobotsFormView = wrap_form(NorobotsForm) # Register Norobots validator for the correponding field in the IContactInfo interface validator.WidgetValidatorDiscriminators(NorobotsValidator, field=INorobotsForm['norobots'])
For more information see contact_info.py in the plone_forms directory.
To activate this example, add <include package=".plone_forms" /> in the package’s configure.zml file and open http://localhost:8080/Plone/@@z3cform-contact-info
See browser/norobots_macro.pt available through @@norobots_macro browser page.
- In a fresh Plone 5.0.5 the captcha widget does not appear in the comments form even if Norobots is the selected captcha. Installing an other captcha like plone.formwidget.captcha solve this problem (sic!). In my website, updated from Plone 5.0.4 to 5.0.5, all is ok.
- I have the following error when launching the tests: “ImportError: No module named lxml.html” => In order to run the tests you need lxml. You can add for example “z3c.form [test]” to your buildout. See http://plone.293351.n2.nabble.com/Custom-Dexterity-Widgets-td5594532.html for more details.
- Sylvain Boureliou [sylvainb]
- Mikel Larreategi [erral]
- Aijun Jian
- Radim Novotny [naro]
- Thomas Clement Mogensen [tmog]
- Peter Mathis [petschki]
- Petri Savolainen [petri]
- Helmut Toplitzer
- Luca Fabbri [keul]
- Andrea Cecchi [cekk]
- Add Russian translation [serge73]
- Add macro for html forms [cekk]
- added italian translation [keul]
- add Dutch Translations [maartenkling]
- Add compatibility for collective.pfg.norobots : allow to use the Norobots captcha with PloneFormGen. [sylvainb]
- Fix widget template to allow good redirection when the answer is bad in plone.app.discussion forms. [sylvainb]
- Move source code in “src” directory. [sylvainb]
- Update tests, buildouts and add test coverage. Plone 4.0 is no longer supported. [sylvainb]
- Change MessageFactory name to get translations picked up by Plone [erral]
- Updated basque translation and added Spanish translation. [erral]
- Fix Unicode error when a question contains non-ascii char. [sylvainb, Helmut Toplitzer]
- Use plone.app.registry instead of a property sheet for the questions configuration. Questions can now be added using a dedicated control panel. [sylvainb]
- Add an upgrade step (1 -> 2) to copy questions from the old properties sheet to plone.app.registry. [sylvainb]
- Fix the widget template for use with plone.app.discussion (there was no redirection to the comment form when only the captcha is wrong). [sylvainb]
- Update translations (some new strings added). [sylvainb]
- Add Basque translation [erral]
- Add simplified chinese translation [Aijun Jian]
- Allow multiple answers for a question [naro]
- Added danish translation [tmog]
- Added german translation [petschki]
- Fix tests for Plone 4 [sylvainb]
- Added Czech translation [naro]
- Support for using as a plone.app.discussion captcha plugin (Plone 4) [Petri Savolainen]
- Finnish translations [Petri Savolainen]
- Initial release [sylvainb]